Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd Take These 2019 Starters

Tate for 10 mil?  Yeah right.  I like Tate but there is no way they can bring him in and pay him more than Thielen.
They would have to give Thielen a raise in this scenario.  Then they would have 3 WRs making over 10 mil.
It does not seem like this fits with Zimmer's run first mentality and would be a waste of money.
If the Vikings want to spend 10 mil then they should give it to Earl Thomas.

Keep Robinson, Beebe, Zylstra, and Treadwell (unless you can deal him for a 4th round pick). Re-up Thelien, he’a earned it.  We don’t need Tate, nor any other weapons outside of an athletic underrated TE to push Rudy.

We need a OL that allow 5 weapons to get out in effective pass patterns.

Give me a OL of Reiff - Easton - Elf - 2nd Round Rookie - O Neill
with a 3rd round T, Collins as flex G/T, Jones as back up C, and Isodora

If Easton is a mess, then substitute his resigning with a Warmack/Cooper/Beadles/Cann and have a competition between the FA pick up and Collins.

I think we can do better than Cann. And everyone keeps giving us receivers in free agency. I just don't see that happening with Thielen to pay and a pretty good WR draft coming up. 

Here's what I do...

QB - Cousins, Sloter, Easton Stick (D5)RB - Cook, Boone, ThomasWR - Diggs, Thielen, Hakeem Butler (D2b), Robinson, BeebeTE - Rudolph, Morgan, Kaden Smith (D4)
LT - Reiff, Andre Dillard (D3)LG - Saffold (FA1), Easton, CollinsC - Elflein, EastonRG - Cody Ford (D1), CollinsRT - O'Neill, Collins
I've hear what everyone is saying about Saffold, but the Rams just paid Aaron Donald, Todd Gurley and Brandon Cooks. And they extended Rob Havenstein at RT. They also have to somehow sign Dante Fowler and Lamarcus Joyner. I would be surprised if they even attempt to resign 31 year old Rodger Saffold with 2nd year 3rd rounder Joe Noteboom waiting in the wings.

I trade Trae Waynes for a 2nd rounder. A lot of folks are giving us a WR via free agency, but we have to rework Thielen, so I don't see that happening. We'll draft one with the pick we get from Waynes. Butler is one of the few BIG guys who is more than just a red zone threat. He's a spectacular deep receiver and would be a great complement to Diggs and Thielen.
Develop Stick behind Sloter. Kaden Smith is a Travis Kelce type, Andre Dillard is an athletic but underweight developmental LT in the O'Neill mold, Cody Ford is an unbelievable athlete given his size (6-4, 335). After he works out, getting to 18 might be a pipe dream, but if he doesn't, I take Yodny Cajuste and start him at RG, knowing that he could project long term to either tackle position.
D2a is a defensive player. There are probably 10 or 12 DTs with 1st round grades. There are going to be a couple that fall to 50.