Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Priefer is out
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
our coverage teams are either pretty special... or look special ed,  I think he designs his schemes to either boom or bust with not much of a safety net and that doesnt really fit what zimmer does and has left our teams exposed at inopportune times.  however we have had some pretty good success at times which has given him a fair amount of respect around the league from what Ive heard.... but he chose the browns,  that should say a lot.
I remember some good fake punts with Thielen and Sendejo, but haven't seen anything recently.  Our coverage is pretty solid, but FG have been a huge issue.

Browns offer him a better deal and this all makes sense.

ALL of it. Think about the Browns standard of football lately and think about our field goal struggles. It's not rocket science. Priefer has been building his Browns resume here for years. The hardest part about a new job is fitting in and he kicked this one down the middle of the uprights!

A coach left us for Cleveland? Uh-oh...
I kind of expected Priefer to be fired after one of our losses that seemed like a ST failure, for the past couple years. Maybe he thought that was inevitable too.
Surprised if Carlson was not the back-breaking straw - not just that he was abysmal here, but that he was fine once he got to Oakland.

Preifer looked like a genius during Walsh's rookie year.  But he never seemed to recover from being Walshed against Seattle.

Quote: @Mark Janda said:
According to PFT, he was offered a contract in Minny but chose the Browns instead.
My hunch is that the Vikings offered to renew his contract at the same salary (because why would he get a raise?) and he walked. It's a free country and he can do whatever he wants, but all the punters, kickers and blocked kicks we've been through lately doesn't exactly argue for a bump in salary.