Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out of curiosity...
Quote: @AGRforever said:
I sure wish we would have gotten Aaron Donald instead of Barr.  Hindsight...

We could have had him. But don't blame Barr - blame Sharrif Floyd. I know, picking on him seems unkindly. But regardless of whether Floyd might have had a career if not injured, he never had half the disruptive potential of Donald. He was frequently compared to Zimmer favorite Geno Atkins and  Zimmer lauded Donald pre-draft.
So blame Rick Spielman (my favorite for anything), because he probably refused to pick a player that would hurt the chance of success for Floyd, who Spielman had ballyhooed as a draft steal. 

I think our line took a big drop after Griffen got injured
last year, and it dropped further with Joseph’s injury.

That said, I think it’s still functional.  I certainly wouldn’t want to downgrade
further this year, because I think we need to dedicate our resources primarily
on OLine and I just don’t see us getting 2 Guards and an impact DT in this
draft.
I also think our defense would look a lot better against the
run if our offense was doing a better job and putting pressure on the opposing
team and forcing them to try and pass the ball more.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@AGRforever said:
I sure wish we would have gotten Aaron Donald instead of Barr.  Hindsight...

We could have had him. But don't blame Barr - blame Sharrif Floyd. I know, picking on him seems unkindly. But regardless of whether Floyd might have had a career if not injured, he never had half the disruptive potential of Donald. He was frequently compared to Zimmer favorite Geno Atkins and  Zimmer lauded Donald pre-draft.
So blame Rick Spielman (my favorite for anything), because he probably refused to pick a player that would hurt the chance of success for Floyd, who Spielman had ballyhooed as a draft steal. 
You had me... then you lost me.
[Image: xg3kmxnhwq25.jpg]

Fix the O line.  It's been years... perhaps a decade since we had a solid unit in front of our QB.  Fix the O line.  The D line will get better if their isn't so many three and outs, if the O scores TDs instead of FGs or NOTHING when given the ball in positive territory.  Fix the O line.  The D line is average at worst, the O line is the bane of my existence... Fix the O line.   We were gashed more once our starting LBs were dinged(Barr and then Kendricks).  Fix the O line.  Defense is ranked in top 10 in both scoring(9th) and yards(4th)... the Offense is ranked 19th(scoring) and 20th(yards).  Fix the O line.  Vikings rushing defense finished the year ranked 9th scoring & 15th in yards.  Fix the O line.  If that's worse than the offense line then by all means let's focus on fixing the D line.  Hint... it's not.   Fix. The. O. Line. 

Our offense cannot put up points or even keep a drive alive because of the the O line.   Fix the O line.