Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#42 Ben Gedeon talks to VikeFans from Camp

[Image: Screen-Shot-2017-08-02-at-7.41.30-PM.png?fit=932%2C520]#42 Ben Gedeon talks to VikeFans from Camp
Ben has moved into the starting position vacated by retired Chad Greenway.  He talks about the transition to the pros. Hey Thanks a lot for taking the time to check out our content. It really means…

Read the full story here

Never expected Ben to be running with the 1's

Zimmer said he's definitely a MLB, but he's trying him at OLB also, said he 'tackles and runs'. It just seems that Kendricks would be a good OLB also. Gedeon in stout in there, pretty good size. 

Gedeon was kind of a WTF pick for most fans, but he's been pretty impressive against the run and rushing the passer by early reports in Training Camp.

Technically sound.  Has good size and strength.  Instinctive.  The fact that he has been getting some snaps with the 1s tells me the coaching staff likes this kid. 

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/0...s-defense/

Getting some traction across the web. Nice

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
Gedeon was kind of a WTF pick for most fans, but he's been pretty impressive against the run and rushing the passer by early reports in Training Camp.

Technically sound.  Has good size and strength.  Instinctive.  The fact that he has been getting some snaps with the 1s tells me the coaching staff likes this kid. 
While I m a bit disappointed that Robinson isn't taking the opportunity to grab the WIL, if Gedeon wins the role I'm not going to cry...Robinson displayed better coverage skills in college, albeit at a lower level, which I thought would give him an edge...reads and keys for the WIL are pretty similar as the Mike...which I think would be his best position... Maybe he shows enough to eventually bump Kendrick outside to his potentially best position...

Just watched his college highlights, the guy is an eraser.  There are no yards after contact, forward progress ends at point of contact.  This young man is gonna be fun to watch, and cheer for.

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
Never expected Ben to be running with the 1's
He only is because neither Robinson or Lamur has shown they're starting material.   Gedeon has showed more than I expected, but him getting first-team reps is actually a disappointment.