Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defensive line were no shows in big games
I’m afraid the Vikings defensive line is extrememly overrated. They never showed up against teams above .500 either. 

9 games played against below .500 teams= 
Opponents 21 sacks Vikings 43 sacks 

7 games played against above .500 teams= **shutout with 0 sacks in 3 of these games*** 
Opponents 19 sacks Vikings a whopping 7 sacks 

This team has problems everywhere.

Well, not a bad year to need a DL...

Yeah, I noticed that too.  They are not as good as we think.

They played on the wrong side of the line of scrimmage most of the time. I would like to see a stat that showed the ratio of tackles for loss vs tackles for gains when the opponent ran up the middle as compared to other teams. Joseph made a lot of tackles for 3 to 5 yard gains and not many in the their backfield. Same with Richardson. Joseph may have been dinged up, but he sure wasn't the force he was before.
Chicago physically dominated them in both games.
Better get stronger if they want a chance at the NFCN next year.

It seems that good OLs neutralize our DL. I really hope Rick, Mike, and Greg took notice.

Quote: @Scoog said:
It seems that good OLs neutralize our DL. I really hope Rick, Mike, and Greg took notice.
Who’s Greg?  B)

Like Zimmer needs another reason to ignore the offensive line yet again.

Quote: @Kentis said:
@Scoog said:
Who’s Greg?  B)
Okay, so I've got old timer's disease and thought Kevin Stefanski was Greg Stefanski.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
They played on the wrong side of the line of scrimmage most of the time. I would like to see a stat that showed the ratio of tackles for loss vs tackles for gains when the opponent ran up the middle as compared to other teams. Joseph made a lot of tackles for 3 to 5 yard gains and not many in the their backfield. Same with Richardson. Joseph may have been dinged up, but he sure wasn't the force he was before.
Chicago physically dominated them in both games.
Better get stronger if they want a chance at the NFCN next year.
We dont have any downhill LB’s either, closest is Gedeon who is limited Athletically. Rich runs out of his gaps and Linval gets alot of doubles