Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flip Flop
“Yes, we would like to see him carry the ball more,” DeFilippo said Friday, via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press. “Absolutely.”
“I went back and self-scouted myself,” DeFillippo said. “There were two or three instances where we threw the football. . . that we probably should have run the football. I made that aware to [Zimmer] and my thoughts on that.”

---

Why does this come off as defensive and stubborn? So after watching the film, he'd have given a guy averaging 9 yards a carry 2 or 3 more carries? Still not sure he's quite getting it.

Yeah I'm not too sure about this. I think he might need to self scout some more. Guess we'll see what sort of plays and adjustments we see on Monday night.

It's the Daniel Carlson Syndrome. Flipper needs to be given the yank, ASAP!

I think he's protecting Cousins.  There are probably run/pass options sent into the game (with the run being the #1 option)... and I saw Cousins yell "kill... kill" a number of times during the game.  In my opinion (which carries no more knowledge or insight than anyone else's): Cousins was the one who kept checking into pass plays, not JDF.

Quote: @pumpf said:
I think he's protecting Cousins.  There are probably run/pass options sent into the game (with the run being the #1 option)... and I saw Cousins yell "kill... kill" a number of times during the game.  In my opinion (which carries no more knowledge or insight than anyone else's): Cousins was the one who kept checking into pass plays, not JDF.
I replied to this on another thread.  Saw that kill signal multiple times as well.  But I do recall one ended up as a run for little gain.

Does "self scouting" = reviewing the game films.  Hope not.