Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sporting News article that I agree with
I'm not usually optimistic about my Vikings (for good reason), but I have been growing more confident in this team as the year has progressed. If we can get to the playoffs relatively healthy, I think we'll be a tough out. Playoff game in New Orleans (with a healthy Brees) will be extremely difficult. I think we could handle the Rams in L.A. I would bet that we would have more fans in attendance in L.A. than them (plus the weather should be a non-factor). If this defense keeps improving, we got a legitimate shot, IMO. 

Take care of Sunday Night first. 

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/...mnu9jolmuu

Right now I think we're the #6 seed?

Chicago
Washington
Rams
Saints

Panthers 
Vikings 

7 games to go. 

I don't remember right now,  is a divison winner assured of a home game in the wildcards round our could a wild card team host a division winner?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I don't remember right now,  is a divison winner assured of a home game in the wildcards round our could a wild card team host a division winner?
Division winner is the higher seed over a wild card team regardless of record. 

Vikes win division regardless of Sundays outcome
Host Bears as 3# seed a week after beating them at US Bank

win and go on the road to spoil the Saints and Brees’s special season

head to LA, the last place we won a NFCCG to get that monkey off our backs

reason being?  Our OL is getting better and we can get in a shootout with anyone. Our D is returning to form and could resemble last year’s defense by year end. 

the difference between our Offense and the Saints/Rams is not that much while the difference in consistent defensive performance is. Our D is better than theirs overall and can perform when healthy

I like our chnaces, a lot. Much like the two Giants teams that beat NE in the Super Bowl.  All the pieces, no gimmicks, got hot at the right time

If we win Sunday, I think we will be a playoff team and probably win the division.
However, I don't really think this is "our year". Not totally certain, but we aren't getting the breaks, and it's a season with odd developments like Everson Griffen, the kicking game, the Bills debacle...

I have the sense we're still working some things out, we will reinforce the OL before 2019 and make a stronger push. But maybe things will solidify in 2018 yet.

This team will be real hungry for redemption @ the end of the season