Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rams/Chiefs game moved from Mexico City to LA
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
Have you guys seen the field? Its complete garbage. 
esthetically it looks like shit,  but we have seen the NFL play games in NFL stadiums on worse field conditions and do it on a regular basis.  that field hadnt been painted yet,  if they had given it the true green paint job like some stadiums do and then slapped the lines and logos on there nobody would be able to tell the difference.   some players were bitching but I am sure they were just going off of rumor and hadnt actually seen the field in person to assess its condition.   There are some really shitty fields that the NFL uses so to cancel because of the field IMO is a joke,  they have a marquee matchup and want to play it in LA to help drive up interest in their product IMO.
Bingo.  This is about money and marketing.  Sending the Jags to London is one thing, but 2 premiere offensive teams to Mexico, not gonna happen.

Wasn't it a year ago or so the players on the sidelines were using filter masks and o2 masks due to the air polution in Mexico city?  Why would the "players safety" league even reschedule another game down there to begin with?  Greedy hypocrites! 
So they are going to LA for a breath of fresh air? 

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Wasn't it a year ago or so the players on the sidelines were using filter masks and o2 masks due to the air polution in Mexico city?  Why would the "players safety" league even reschedule another game down there to begin with?  Greedy hypocrites! 
Exactly. L.A. is known for their smog:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me...story.html

[Image: smoghangsove.jpg]

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:

nothing like they experience in mexico city.

and iirc LA is actually much much better in the last decade for their air quality,  i cant speak from first hand experience but i think I read a report or something on the clean air successes that they have had in socal.

@StickyBun said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:

and iirc LA is actually much much better in the last decade for their air quality,  i can speak from first hand experience but i think I read a report or something on the clean air successes that they have had in socal.
So all them Chrysler Cordobas Monty Hall gave away in the 70s is finally bearing fruit huh. Fully equipped AM FM cassette radio, vinyl seats and California emissions. Ahh no thanks I'll take one that goes faster and gets better gas mileage.

@StickyBun said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:

and iirc LA is actually much much better in the last decade for their air quality,  i cant speak from first hand experience but i think I read a report or something on the clean air successes that they have had in socal.
Did you click on the link? Worst smog in SoCal in 30 years this year. And the NFL knew how bad the smog was in Mexico City before they scheduled the game. I know the conspiracy theories are out there but the NFL wants to cultivate Mexico as a NFL fanbase. It was a player safety issue.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Did you click on the link? Worst smog in SoCal in 30 years this year. And the NFL knew how bad the smog was in Mexico City before they scheduled the game. I know the conspiracy theories are out there but the NFL wants to cultivate Mexico as a NFL fanbase. It was a player safety issue.
I just did,   it says that although they are having more days of bad air recently,  that is being attributed to weather issues not allowing for the smog to clear as quickly,  but that the overall air quality is still improving in terms of pollution levels.

@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:

I just did,   it says that although they are having more days of bad air recently,  that is being attributed to weather issues not allowing for the smog to clear as quickly,  but that the overall air quality is still improving in terms of pollution levels.
I think air quality in major city's around the US has improved mostly. Car emissions have been greatly reduced along with industry and power plants. So why is it when I say that's a good thing for everyone I get labeled? Oh well. Hey it's a good thing.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:

I think air quality in major city's around the US has improved mostly. Car emissions have been greatly reduced along with industry and power plants. So why is it when I say that's a good thing for everyone I get labeled? Oh well. Hey it's a good thing.
it is a good thing,  but at some point you have to look at the costs of the regulations vs the incremental improvements that they create before accepting them as being for the greater good vs them being enacted for some other special interest.  trust me,  I live within site of a coal fired power plant and am very aware of the pollutants and the improvements that have been made in the emissions,  there have been some great strides made in air quality regulations in the last 25 years.  however some of the shit thats been enacted has cost the owners of that plant hundreds of millions of dollars if not more and the resulting decreases are fractional at best.  however those that buy power from those plants will still feel the full sting of the costs.  More research has to be done before passing on every bit of environmental regulation costs onto the consumer.

@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:

it is a good thing,  but at some point you have to look at the costs of the regulations vs the incremental improvements that they create before accepting them as being for the greater good vs them being enacted for some other special interest.  trust me,  I live within site of a coal fired power plant and am very aware of the pollutants and the improvements that have been made in the emissions,  there have been some great strides made in air quality regulations in the last 25 years.  however some of the shit thats been enacted has cost the owners of that plant hundreds of millions of dollars if not more and the resulting decreases are fractional at best.  however those that buy power from those plants will still feel the full sting of the costs.  More research has to be done before passing on every bit of environmental regulation costs onto the consumer.
But,  it's a good thing...right?
Just screwing with ya. I knew this line was coming...not my 1st rodeo.