Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings: Dalvin Cook quickly adjusting to the speed of the NFL
MANKATO, Minn. – After playing college football at Florida State, Vikings rookie running back Dalvin Cook remembered thinking that the speed of the game couldn’t possibly get any faster.
Then his first NFL training camp started this week.
“And it does (get faster),” Cook said. “You’ve just got to adjust to it. Once you know what you’re doing, you can move at the speed (the veterans are) moving. But the vets have been out there for seven or eight years. They know what to do. They aren’t as fast as you, but they know where to be at and how to do it. So you’ve got to study your technique and be a mastermind at your game.”
As Cook quickly tries to absorb life in the NFL as the Vikings’ top draft pick, he has been thrown into early action during training camp. 
http://www.twincities.com/2017/07/29/vik...f-the-nfl/

Camp is still early for the Vikings, who have 11 days until their first preseason game in Buffalo. But Cook has impressed in his limited time with the team.
“Dalvin has shown a lot of really good things so far,” coach Mike Zimmer said.
Cook said he has been most impressed during training camp by the Vikings’ defense.
“Our front is serious,” he said. “Our whole defense is good, period. I didn’t know they were this good until I got out there. You barely get the snap off and you’ve got Linval (Joseph), Danielle (Hunter), (Everson) Griffen, all those guys coming off the edge. It’s fun watching those guys and it’s good to compete against those guys. Once Sundays come and the games come, it’ll make it easier.”

Getting a lot of reps and practice time for a rookie, which I think is great for him to develop quickly.