Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting read on Diggs...
Vikings receiver Stefon Diggs comfortable as a nonconformistThe man who made perhaps the most iconic play in franchise history has little need to contort himself to fit views of who he should be.

The subject turns to fashion, as Stefon Diggs’ black Mercedes S550 nears Terminal 1 at the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport, and the wide receiver shares what might seem an unlikely source of inspiration to anyone but him.
“It’s so cool when you see kids go in their closet and pick out stuff that they like,” he said. “Like, you’ll see a kid in basketball shorts and rain boots; I’m not saying I would go that far, but stuff like that. You talk about creativity — wear what you like.”
After he broke his ankle in 2013, Diggs had more time to pursue his interest in fashion, and now, as often as not, his Instagram account shows off his style: Diggs posing for New York photographer Ben Ritter in a heart-patterned black JW Anderson leather jacket, the receiver checking his cellphone in a white hoodie, denim jacket, green Adidas pants and snakeskin Bapesta sneakers.
He doesn’t use a stylist, he says; he purely picks clothes out of his closet based on what he likes, and little else.
“My stuff doesn’t match, but it looks pretty nice,” he said Wednesday. “I find whatever I’m comfortable in, and I go from there — because people really wear clothes for other people, but I wear what I like. You think about it — somebody says they don’t like what you wear, right? And I’m like, ‘Well, I didn’t wear it for you; I wore it because I wanted to wear it.’ Your opinion on how it looks really wouldn’t matter, because I’m comfortable.”
The glimpse into Diggs’ wardrobe is also a window into free-spirited ways that greet many of the conventions of his position with a raised eyebrow. The man who made perhaps the most iconic play in franchise history — by turning for the end zone last January to beat the Saints with a playoff touchdown when conventional wisdom said to step out of bounds and set up a game-winning field goal — has little need to contort himself to fit views of who he should be...

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-recei...498808481/

I could totally see him having a career in fashion after football. I follow his Instagram and it's cool to see him show something he is passionate about. He is right about the creativity. I love his response to the haters, he wears what he wears for himself not to please others. Depending on the person, fashion can offer freedom or pressure to conform. He uses it as an outlet to feed his creative side. Good stuff. 

“It’s so cool when you see kids go in their closet and pick out stuff that they like,” he said. “Like, you’ll see a kid in basketball shorts and rain boots; I’m not saying I would go that far, but stuff like that. You talk about creativity — wear what you like."