Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VELSPÁR WEEK 8
For the past three weeks a leader has emerged on the Vikings.  While not a surprise that a quarterback would be the leader of a team, Kirk Cousins has grabbed a hold of that role as the vocal leader of this team.  Could that be the answer to the Defense's return to last years form?  I say yes.  Kirk Cousins is not afraid to get everyone involved in the game.  Evidence Laquan Treadwell.  Treadwell has been a disappointment after being selected in the first round in 2016.  Treadwell was targeted just 3 times that year and caught one pass for a 33% percent catch rate in 16.  In 2017 he was targeted 35 times and caught 20 passes for  catch rate of 57% while it was an improvement it was certainly no where near expectations for a first round pick.  2018 for Treadwell started out much the same, dropped passes in critical situations left fans shaking their head and wondering why Cousins would continue to throw his way.  Cousins, though doesn't hesitate to include everyone and he kept throwing to Treadwell.  After 7 games this year Treadwell has been targeted nearly as many times as the whole season last year and has a catch rate of 68% and has caught every pass thrown his way in the last two games.  Versus the Jets last week Cousins hit Brandon Zylstra for his first reception in the NFL.  Cousins has inspired the defense in the absence of Everson Griffen and includes everyone around him into the game regardless of name.  A great leader includes everyone around them and they know it takes a whole team to win.   

https://www.velspar.com/ 

DOES ANYBODY OTHER THAN COUSINS THROW A PASS? *

Is this a trick question? B)

I'm saying "Yes" because I'm pretty sure Brees might throw a few too. 

Quote: @HappyViking said:
DOES ANYBODY OTHER THAN COUSINS THROW A PASS? *

Is this a trick question? B)

I'm saying "Yes" because I'm pretty sure Brees might throw a few too. 
good catch, no it's not a trick question.  It should say does any Viking other than Cousins throw a TD pass.  like a wr or rb