Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats Adam Thielen

I've said it a dozen times before and I'll say it a dozen times again...when you can great players in the 5th round (and beyond) and combine them with your 1st and 2nd rounders, it's a HUGE advantage. Is Weatherly the next one? 

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
Excellent job by scouts and coaches, but with hard work he has taken his game to an elite level.  Thielen is my gf's favorite player.
i suspect AT is many midwestern girls favorite player

Quote: @CLOBIMON said:
@MaroonBells said:
Didn't he also get the NFL record for being the first receiver to get 100 yards in each of his first 5 games in a season? 
The first thing I said when they mentioned that was, "and they gave Diggs the big contract."  I heard them say the same thing on ESPN radio this morning.  Now I'm not saying I don't like Diggs or that he doesn't deserve what he got.  I was just surprised that Thielen was given so much less considering his production and then even seeing NFL players vote him higher for TOP 100.  I'm at the point during the games now that when we need a first down I'm thinking "find Thielen" just like I used to with Moss and Carter.
Contracts are all about timing. Thielen signed his contract offseason of 2017. He had a nearly 1,000 yard season the year prior but no one really knew how good he was until last season and now this season. And it is bad policy to renegotiate a contract with 2 years left on it. The best he can hope for is a renegotiation after or during 2019 season. 

On second thought I do hope they renegotiate his contract this coming offseason and add a few more years. He is worth the exception because he really is drastically under-paid.