Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is It Just Me?
Is Hill a much better LT than RT? On the right, he seems late and lunging in pass protection. On the left side, he seems much more competent. O'Neill seemed to fare well on the right side. Not sure what Zim or Flip is seeing out of our Gs.    

Nope, not just you...practically everybody with the exception of some on the coaching staff. 

I think we need to see Oneil get more reps at RT regardless of the availability of Reiff.  He is looking better than Hill over there so IMO thats what they need to be looking at in terms of who plays where and when.  I hope this foot deal with Reiff isnt a long term deal,  I dont think Hill will look as good at LT when teams have time to prepare for him... of course who knows how Oneill will look when ends get a week of watching his film either.

Some guys are just more comfortable on one side or the other. That might be the case with Hill.

Outside of one glaring whiff on an inside move, I thought O'Neill looked pretty good. He's definitely further along at this point than I thought he'd be...

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Some guys are just more comfortable on one side or the other. That might be the case with Hill.

Outside of one glaring whiff on an inside move, I thought O'Neill looked pretty good. He's definitely further along at this point than I thought he'd be...
I dont know anybody that does something as good with one hand as they do with the other.  hell good switch hitters in baseball usually still hit about 50-100 points higher from one side of the plate than the other.  its stands to reason that it can be done,  but making guys not only kick inside and outside,  but also flip from side to side in a game that  is becoming so specialized.. IMO its a bit silly to expect it out of younger players that are likely struggling just to adjust to the speed and complexity of the pro game.

I personally think the league needs to expand the practice rosters so that teams can carry more OLmen and allow these guys to develop more before getting thrown to the wolves.  the lack of quality OL across the league screams that what they are doing now isnt working and with the value of the  QBs ever increasing something needs to be done to put better protection in front of these guys.  or maybe in order to sell it to the league.. imagine how much more scoring there will be if the teams have quality OL across the league...

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:

Better yet...give ONeill another couple of years to get bigger and stronger.  Then look out.

I agree.  But I don't think he's better than Reiff.  I DO think that O'Neill is better than him at RT, though.