Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the Vikings ever be a front runner?
How many seasons are the Vikings rated high and looking to be a dominant team by all the pundits because of the previous years success and we lay an egg?  

2017 the QB and running back go down and everyone panics and the Vikings make it to the NFC Championship game.  2018  People are picking us win it all or at least dominate in the NFC and we are falling apart.

2009 Favre works a miracle elevates everyones play and drags this team to the NFC Championship game.  The teams is dominant and should have won it all. 2010 he comes back for the superbowl run and we fall apart.

2000 NFC Championship game then we fall apart in 2001.

Do I need to recount 98 then 99?

Do I need to go on?

It seems the organization cannot build or maintain the momentum from previous seasons.

It is like a bad rerun.

They have a team capable of winning it all about every ten years or so.  They rarely have two good seasons in a row. They always find a way to choke in the end. And it's rare for them to win when there are high expectations. 
But they have only lost two games so far this season. And despite the lingering stench they have plenty of time to turn it around.
If they go to Philly and win, everything will look a lot better. They usually play poorly in Philly. It's time to break the trend, and give their fans a pleasant surprise for a change,

I've said many different ways, many different times that I'll always enjoy watching this team, but I know they'll never win it all. The Vikings are a franchise of losers.

We have 12 games left this year. We'd all be wise to just realize who they are and enjoy. "You'll change your tune if they turn it around and earn a wildcard!" No I won't. I haven't since probably 2010. This team is destined to fail, whether it's now or in January. There will never be "our year."

I really had one goal I hoped would be accomplished this season. Have back to back playoff appearances. We have not done that since 08-09. Last 2 times we had back to back division titles as well. Makes me really miss the Denny Green days. I feel bad for how much I bagged on him for not winning in the playoffs. Well you got to 1st be in them. He found a way almost every year. I hope Zimmer can turn this thing around. My goal for the year looks in jeopardy.

I used to be of a mindset that a dominant D and competent O is required to play in January and last year bore that out.  But in this new NFL where defensive players are under a microscope and receive flags for even appearing aggressive, maybe Denny's philosophy of a "bend-but-don't-break" D and a high-flying offense is actually better.

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
I used to be of a mindset that a dominant D and competent O is required to play in January and last year bore that out.  But in this new NFL where defensive players are under a microscope and receive flags for even appearing aggressive, maybe Denny's philosophy of a "bend-but-don't-break" D and a high-flying offense is actually better.
It really is like the league wants every team to be the greatest show on turf. I think Denny would have excelled in this version of the NFL. The 2009 team would have had home field because the Saint's wouldn't have been able to keep guys off suspension. You win in business by anticipating the future trends. Not reaction to current market. We're always a day late or a dollar short.