Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Podcast for JimmyinSD
http://www.1500espn.com/podcast/2018/09/...es-ep-372/

Some good geeky O-Line stuff in there.  Talks about Elflein and why he was so important last year.

Why just for Jimmy?  :anguished:
I like OL stuff, too! 

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
I like OL stuff, too! 
I mentioned the geeky o-line stuff to pique your interest.  The Jimmy thing was just a jab because he always seemed to be carrying water for Sirles. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"pumpf" said:
I like OL stuff, too! 
I mentioned the geeky o-line stuff to pique your interest.  The Jimmy thing was just a jab because he always seemed to be carrying water for Sirles. 
Actually, I think I was the one who was carrying Sirles' water.  Unless there were 2 of us...
I saw him live at camp and was "smitten"...
That was about the last time that I tried to convince myself that I knew what I was talking about.

Jimmy was as well.  I liked him too, great versatility.

And for anyone that is a football geek or loves o-line talk, this is a good podcast

And for anyone that is a football geek or loves o-line talk, this is a good podcast
I was watching camp with Pumpf that year and he pointed out Sirles and that when I noticed his abilitiies,  to bad the coaches had to tinker,  if they would have left him to learn aND get comfortable at 1 spot I think he could be starting for us now.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:

I was watching camp with Pumpf that year and he pointed out Sirles and that when I noticed his abilitiies,  to bad the coaches had to tinker,  if they would have left him to learn aND get comfortable at 1 spot I think he could be starting for us now.
Was it the coaches?  Or listening to him, did he know where his bread was buttered.  He wasn't a high pick, he knew he had to be versatile to make it in the NFL so he took it upon himself to learn multiple spots.  That may be his place, to be a versatile backup that can start in a pinch but would struggle with being the everyday starter.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:

Was it the coaches?  Or listening to him, did he know where his bread was buttered.  He wasn't a high pick, he knew he had to be versatile to make it in the NFL so he took it upon himself to learn multiple spots.  That may be his place, to be a versatile backup that can start in a pinch but would struggle with being the everyday starter.
I think its something these coaches push.  every OL player we have drafted has been shuffled around under Zimmer,  different OCs and line coaches and its the same thing.  yes they will need versatility, but they also need a primary spot to be comfortable at.  Sirles was asked to play every spot except center which is a shit ton to learn for a guy with no experience at any 1 spot.  I would rather they find a primary back up at both T spots and 1 for both Guard spots,  or a Left side guy and a right side guy.  simplify the role a bit.