Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Johnson taking unexpected return to Minnesota ‘in stride’
You know how when you first leave home and then come back for a visit and notice that there’s a new gas station or they’ve turned old Target into Super Target? Well, imagine how Tom Johnson felt coming back to find the $125 million TCO Performance Center in the place of run-down Winter Park.“Man, it’s crazy,” Johnson said Wednesday. “Rick had no problem walking me around for an hour and half yesterday, showing me every detail, and the lights and what they do. From the [chiropractic] place to the turf, man, it’s A1 the best place I’ve seen. It’s a great attraction for the community, for the team, for the owners. So, definitely motivates you to continue to win and do big things.”

Johnson was signed by the Vikings after the Seattle Seahawks unexpectedly released him last week — though NFL Network reported the Seahawks had planned to immediately re-sign him this week.
He also returns to find star defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson in his three-technique position. Instead of playing 68 percent of snaps as he did last year, now it’s highly the 34-year-old D-lineman will be part of a rotation to keep Richardson fresh.
“They’ve got a good rotation in here,” You’re going to get plays. You’ve got to take advantage of the plays you get. So I’m not looking at it as a starter or backup type deal, you know? The league knows who I am. Guys in the locker room know who I am. So I’m not here because I’m trying to prove I’m a starter or if I’m coming in a rotation. I’m going to come in, do my job, contribute as much as possible and hopefully we win.”
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/0...ta-stride/

It allows the Vikings to rotate in a guy with good pass rush ability, whether its to sub for Joseph in obvious passing downs or to spell Richardson. He knows Zimmer's defense. Its a nice signing. 

Really glad he's back, was a bit disappointed when he went to Seattle.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
It allows the Vikings to rotate in a guy with good pass rush ability, whether its to sub for Joseph in obvious passing downs or to spell Richardson. He knows Zimmer's defense. Its a nice signing. 
TJ as a rotational player is perfect...Sheldon Richardson as the starter? Even better.