Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good read on KC Self-Critique...
Cousins critical of his ‘process’ on several throws in Green Bay — including Thielen’s TDWhen the dust settled in Green Bay, the Minnesota Vikings left with a 29-29 tie and quarterback Kirk Cousins traveled back across the border with one of the best statistical performances of his career.

He also showed an ability to come from behind against a top-notch opponent and lead a game-winning drive.

But on Wednesday, Cousins wasn’t ready to bask in his 425-yard, four-touchdown performance. Instead he pointed out that he nearly cost his team the game with a critical mistake. Cousins threw an interception with under two minutes remaining that was negated by a roughing penalty on Packers linebacker Clay Matthews.
“I look at it as I can’t control the flag or what happens, the outcome obviously protected me, but the process, the ball should have been further in toward the hash,” Cousins said. “It was a poor throw, so results like that, I look back and you have to be hard on yourself and say, ‘how can I get better?’”
It doesn’t come as a surprise that Cousins would be kicking himself over a play that came close to being a dagger for the Packers, but the Vikings’ quarterback also pointed out his brilliant pass for a 22-yard touchdown to Adam Thielen came close to costing them a game-tying drive.
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/0...ielens-td/

He's right: you can't be results-oriented if you want to be real and improve, its about the process. That says he understands what it takes to be consistently good and that means staying true to a process that works. The results will come when you stay true to preparation and execution. 

An extreme example would be a completed Hail Mary pass: yes, the result was good but that doesn't take away from the fact its a low odds, low completion percentage play that is not optimal.