Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To make room for Tom Johnson ...
Quote: @Jor-El said:
Some of you think that another team will lose a RB and turn to Roc Thomas or Mike Boone to save their season? DeMarco Murray and Jamaal Charles just sit by their phones, saying, "Damn the Vikings have so much depth with their undrafted free agent running backs who have never had a single carry in the NFL!!"

I think our #3 RB situation is probably cloudy because neither of these guys has convinced the coaches they are going to do much if they have to put one on the field.
I can agree with this.
Another team won't sign them to save their season. They'll sign them for depth behind whoever is the next man up if said starter goes down.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Some of you think that another team will lose a RB and turn to Roc Thomas or Mike Boone to save their season? DeMarco Murray and Jamaal Charles just sit by their phones, saying, "Damn the Vikings have so much depth with their undrafted free agent running backs who have never had a single carry in the NFL!!"

I think our #3 RB situation is probably cloudy because neither of these guys has convinced the coaches they are going to do much if they have to put one on the field.
No one thinks that Thomas or Boone would be traded to "save anyone's season." But backs go down and teams are always looking for young depth with upside. I don't know if the Vikings are holding on to them as potential trade bait, but I do know that if the Vikings were "unconvinced" they were capable of playing in the NFL they would not still be on the 53-man roster ahead of guys like Parry and Coley, especially considering that both could easily go onto the practice squad and remain with the team to be activated at any time. What's more, I don't remember the last time the Vikings have kept 5 backs on their roster.