Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question: Was our Offense playing Vanilla vs. Niners?
Once Elflein is back, that should help get the running game going...  Then watch out.  Paul Allen will be losing his voice yelling "Cousins throws deep...  He's got Diggs...  TOUCHDOOOOOOOWN!!!  WELCOME TO MINNESOTA!!!"

I'm not sure how much more dynamic or creative you can expect with the personnel we have. Cousins threw 36 times; does anyone think Zimmer wants a game plan for 45-50 passes? Thielen and Diggs were both productive, and Cook caught some dump passes. This is not a unit with three-deep WRs or a seam-splitting TE like Steve Jordan or a David Palmer gadget player. Anyone expecting an end-around by Treadwell, or David Morgan to line up wide?

We have a good QB and 2 great WRs. Other receivers are pretty bland and we're still waiting to see if our primary RB is an impact player. I don't think play-calling is going to change either of those. If Cook finds his stride and returns to the form we saw at the beginning of 2017, Thielen and Diggs will be even more productive, and that will be a very good offense. But I don't think it will be a lot more pass-happy or razzle-dazzle.
Or are people wishing Zimmer would put his foot on the gas after we get a lead, so we're up by 20? That would be nice, not sure he ever will.

Our playcalling is off today! You cant run misdirection if you arent beating them without it. Short gadgety stuff doesnt work when they are playing disciplined defense...

Cousins has sucess when he reads the field and makes a decision. Our whole offense is spinning its tires today on overly designed simple plays...