Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dang.., Brian Robison released.
sorry to see him leave----thanks for all the viking memories brob and pops.  ope ya both  drop by on occasion.  Class act as a player and family always,   skol bro. 

Quote: @KingBash said:
@Tyr said:
I was hoping that we'd get one more season of Brian in purple. He's been an exemplary Viking for the past 11-years and even though things are difficult now, he and Pops will always be part of the Vikings family. I wish him great success in whatever he chooses to do next.
It's odd to think 11 years as a full career. The NFL is so cut throat.

I literally have a memory of being at my COLLEGE bar and the chyron had the Vikings D-line up and I thought "Brian Who?" He was the rookie we'd drafted.

Time flies. I'm sure he'll have a successful career in football after this which is reassuring. 
Time doesn't slow down I'll tell you that. What's been weird to me has been watching guys I used to watch play retire. Then getting to see their kids play. Then retire. Like Archie and Payton, Phil and Chris Simms. Sure there are others that slip my mind now. Maybe if I'm blessed enough I'll see a couple grandsons take the field.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@KingBash said:
@Tyr said:
I was hoping that we'd get one more season of Brian in purple. He's been an exemplary Viking for the past 11-years and even though things are difficult now, he and Pops will always be part of the Vikings family. I wish him great success in whatever he chooses to do next.

I literally have a memory of being at my COLLEGE bar and the chyron had the Vikings D-line up and I thought "Brian Who?" He was the rookie we'd drafted.

Time flies. I'm sure he'll have a successful career in football after this which is reassuring. 
Time doesn't slow down I'll tell you that. What's been weird to me has been watching guys I used to watch play retire. Then getting to see their kids play. Then retire. Like Archie and Payton, Phil and Chris Simms. Sure there are others that slip my mind now. Maybe if I'm blessed enough I'll see a couple grandsons take the field.

Yup, seeing the kids play is crazy...Beebe, Winfield, Jordan etc.

It still feels wrong somehow. But Brian's impact goes way beyond football. He has touched a lot of lives and will continue to do so. I have enjoyed watching Brian play. There are so many great moments and memories. But I am proud of the great example he has set in representation of the team and the impact he has made in the community. He is a good man, loves his family, teammates and fans. What more can you ask for? He definitely ranks up there with my favorite Vikings. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
It still feels wrong somehow. But Brian's impact goes way beyond football. He has touched a lot of lives and will continue to do so. I have enjoyed watching Brian play. There are so many great moments and memories. But I am proud of the great example he has set in representation of the team and the impact he has made in the community. He is a good man, loves his family, teammates and fans. What more can you ask for? He definitely ranks up there with my favorite Vikings. 
This reminds me of when Benchwarmer Bob Lurtsema was released from the team.  He was another Viking who transcended the meaning of a team player.  His legacy also reached way past the field and the locker room.
B’Rob you are going to be missed.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@suncoastvike said:
@KingBash said:
@Tyr said:

Yup, seeing the kids play is crazy...Beebe, Winfield, Jordan etc.
Yeah and like I was saying. Some of the kids are retiring now.