Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'It's mangled.' Teddy Bridgewater's surgeon in awe of comeback
I still recall posters who claimed this was for all intents and purposes a garden variety ACL...

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:
My biggest question is how long will it last?  Is he more suseptable or doesn’t the previous injury matter?  It appears the Vikings had concerns for some reason or another.
I think that's the unknown factor Minnesota didn't want to risk with him.
I think the biggest unknown factor to me is how this much damage could happen in practice and non contact on top of it. That makes this even more freakish. There had to be something missed or undiagnosed previously. Things usually don't just explode.

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:
My biggest question is how long will it last?  Is he more suseptable or doesn’t the previous injury matter?  It appears the Vikings had concerns for some reason or another.
I think the biggest unknown factor to me is how this much damage could happen in practice and non contact on top of it. That makes this even more freakish. There had to be something missed or undiagnosed previously. Things usually don't just explode.
Maybe they missed something. I do recall speculation that he may have sustained an injury before that weakened things to the point he almost lost a leg when it all exploded. Not sure if it was "catch-able" or not? We may never know at this point. 

I think the uncertainty about Teddy long-term (which Zim was very transparent about) + KC becoming available + their lens regarding Keenum' ceiling led them to writing a big check for Cousins.

And lets not forget they released Bradford too. 3 QB's released is mind-boggling. 

Would love to have been on fly on the wall during those internal discussions. Tough stuff for an org to work through. Big boy stuff - not sure how effectively previous regimes would have managed it. 

Daniel Jeremiah:

Always interesting how opinions can change after you study the tape vs watching on TV. I thought Teddy Bridgewater played well last night while watching live. I was wrong. He played OUTSTANDING. Pocket movement, vision, poise, ball placement...all exceptional.

Sounds like the Jets want something "significant" in return for Teddy, and as good as he's looked this preseason, that kind of injury to a thin-framed guy, further complicated by the kind of gruesome details in articles like that, is going to keep his value down. It might make more sense for the Jets to actually keep Teddy into the regular season and just wait for a starting QB to get hurt. Has there ever been a year when at least one starting QB doesn't go down in the 1st few weeks?

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:

After it happened, I thought the same, and I wondered if there would eventually be some legal activity - especially if there was any indication the Vikings put him back into practice after mis-diagnosing a problem after the last preseason game. Or if there was more to the accident than anyone would admit, like another player did contact Bridgewater and everyone protected that info.

Nothing happened, at least to public knowledge, so it's either my overly-paranoid thinking (most likely), or it was all super-secret (but may have contributed to Bridgewater spurning the Vikings). 

I'm more interested to see if the Jets trade Bridgewater. I kind of hope they wait for an injury to a starter, but most of the speculation seems to be Tampa, Jacksonville, or the Rams.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Daniel Jeremiah:

Always interesting how opinions can change after you study the tape vs watching on TV. I thought Teddy Bridgewater played well last night while watching live. I was wrong. He played OUTSTANDING. Pocket movement, vision, poise, ball placement...all exceptional.

Sounds like the Jets want something "significant" in return for Teddy, and as good as he's looked this preseason, that kind of injury to a thin-framed guy, further complicated by the kind of gruesome details in articles like that, is going to keep his value down. It might make more sense for the Jets to actually keep Teddy into the regular season and just wait for a starting QB to get hurt. Has there ever been a year when at least one starting QB doesn't go down in the 1st few weeks?
They aren't going to get anything significant for Teddy. Why would they? Its preseason football and Daniel Jeremiah can love it all he wants but teams are set right now at QB. Only injury will open the door for TB. Bridgewater is an injury waiting to happen, its why Minnesota has moved on. Teams know this, its the fans that are still having a hard time grasping it.

Odds for which team Teddy Bridgewater will be on after the 2018 NFL trade deadline (@betonline_ag):

Dolphins +225
Jaguars +275
Patriots +300
Broncos +450
Jets +700

Except for maybe the Jets, these are all pretty good situations. Jags and Patriots, obviously, are as good as it gets. In Jax and Miami he'd probably challenge for the starting job. Plus, Miami is his home. Broncos look like a fairly solid team, but kind of a sister-kisser if he ends up behind Case again. Considering Case's contract, they're not likely to bench him even if he struggles. Patriots might be the best option of all if he's patient. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Odds for which team Teddy Bridgewater will be on after the 2018 NFL trade deadline (@betonline_ag):

Dolphins +225
Jaguars +275
Patriots +300
Broncos +450
Jets +700

Except for maybe the Jets, these are all pretty good situations. Jags and Patriots, obviously, are as good as it gets. In Jax and Miami he'd probably challenge for the starting job. Plus, Miami is his home. Broncos look like a fairly solid team, but kind of a sister-kisser if he ends up behind Case again. Considering Case's contract, they're not likely to bench him even if he struggles. Patriots might be the best option of all if he's patient. 
I really don't see the Jets trading him to the Dolphins or (especially) Patriots. Either would have to dramatically outbid everyone else. I'm surprised the Bucs aren't listed.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Dolphins +225
Jaguars +275
Patriots +300
Broncos +450
Jets +700

I really don't see the Jets trading him to the Dolphins or (especially) Patriots. Either would have to dramatically outbid everyone else. I'm surprised the Bucs aren't listed.
Agree on both counts.