Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We look like crap tonight
Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"kahsmick" said:
Izzy at LG makes a ton of sense.  He's stout against penetration and his feet are quick enough in pass pro for this offense.
I see it coming down to putting your best guys out there and that probably means Compton is getting replaced at some point early in the season.
Because, He's not going to 'gel' if he can't hold the point of attack.
The only problem with that...  I would have expected the Vikings to make the switch by now.  The fact that Compton has been our starting LG the first 3 preseason games makes it seem like he will be the Week 1 starter.
But Remmers has been unable to play, or practice, very much until pretty recently. IMO Compton has been getting reps just in case Remmers couldn't get healthy for the season. The "conventional wisdom" that the guys who start preseason game #3 are week 1 starters is hardly written in stone. Didn't Alex Boone start the 3rd preseason game last year??

If I am Zim I am starting Sloter with the first string OL with Isi at LG,  maybe give Reiff a break and put Collins at LT,  but Edison, Remmers, and Hill all need more work.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"kahsmick" said:
Izzy at LG makes a ton of sense.  He's stout against penetration and his feet are quick enough in pass pro for this offense.
I see it coming down to putting your best guys out there and that probably means Compton is getting replaced at some point early in the season.
Because, He's not going to 'gel' if he can't hold the point of attack.
The only problem with that...  I would have expected the Vikings to make the switch by now.  The fact that Compton has been our starting LG the first 3 preseason games makes it seem like he will be the Week 1 starter.
But Remmers has been unable to play, or practice, very much until pretty recently. IMO Compton has been getting reps just in case Remmers couldn't get healthy for the season. The "conventional wisdom" that the guys who start preseason game #3 are week 1 starters is hardly written in stone. Didn't Alex Boone start the 3rd preseason game last year??
Could be...  but Remmers started at RG before he got hurt.  Wouldn't it make more sense to plug Isidora in at LG all preseason if they were just starting Compton until Remmers was healthy?