Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berger is staying retired

Thought they might. But in the last interview I saw/read he seemed happy as a clam about retirement. Either way, the news to take from this is that the Vikings are looking...

no offense to Joe,  but he was never that dominant that he would be the kind of player to be able to take 6 months off and then jump back in quickly and be effective.  I think he was one of those that worked his ass off to stay in the league (earning every second he played and dime he made) and that the time away from his regimen would make it almost impossible to return even if his heart was in it.

PFT, a "retired guy??" He was on our team last year. You guys make it sound like we called Richie Incognito or something.

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
PFT, a "retired guy??" He was on our team last year. You guys make it sound like we called Richie Incognito or something.
Wasnt Incognito also playing football last year?

Quote: @"Bolstad79" said:
@"prairieghost" said:
Wasnt Incognito also playing football last year?

It's more about their statement of "a retired guy" as if it was some random former player that the Vikings called as opposed to someone who played for them last year...y'know? And as for the rest of my comment, it is kind of tongue-in-cheek...since Richie claims the Vikings called him about his availability...which Zim  has denied.