Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to read the twitter feed "what you missed"
I'm not a twitter member and probably will never become one.  Too many things to read already without more!  I was excited to read the "what you missed" seven part post but text is way too small and when increase text size I lose some of the text.  Too bad, it was probably well worth reading.  Sorry for being bitchy, just old on a Monday...  

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
I'm not a twitter member and probably will never become one.  Too many things to read already without more!  I was excited to read the "what you missed" seven part post but text is way too small and when increase text size I lose some of the text.  Too bad, it was probably well worth reading.  Sorry for being bitchy, just old on a Monday...  
Ive had similar issues with twitter.  this particular time i was able to get it all to view when I zoomed in and turned my phone sideways,  but I agree for as popular a format as it apparently is it certainly requires some messing with to make it read able.

It’s fine to give the feedback.  Here is our dilemma.  I am the full time content provider and we serve the website and Twiiter.  We just spent 3 whirlwind days at 6 camp practices and did 24 interviews, a ton of photos and tweets and the 7 page story.  We take our vacation time and work 8am -10pm, and start to run out of cycles to put it all the formats people want to consume the info in.

I used to transcript interviews, as some said they could not watch videos during the day.  The effort just became way too time consuming.

So, on my flight home yesterday, I created the 7 pager in a photo format for Twitter.  Why Twitter?  Because we averaged 75k views of our content a day during camp, while the website draws much less.  In Twitter, people wont click links to read stories or watch you tube videos.  So, I used the PDF to photo approach.

It’s far from perfect.  Could I cut and paste to the forum?  Yes, but I simply have not had the time, so I thought directing folks to the Twitter feed was the next best thing.

We give it our best try.  What we could use is some help, bit we dont get a lot of volunteers.  If interested, PM Mike or me.

Apologies Tom.  You and Mike do an excellent job covering the Vikings and I have given you both kudos in the past.  I'm sure the current document is of similar high quality.  It's my choice to be a luddite and not follow twitter.  Good luck and thanks for all you do.

Apologies Tom.  You and Mike do an excellent job covering the Vikings and I have given you both kudos in the past.  I'm sure the current document is of similar high quality.  It's my choice to be a luddite and not follow twitter.  Good luck and thanks for all you do.
No need to apologize, just wanted to let you know why we can't always do all we want to