Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet Holton Hill, the most interesting player in Vikings camp
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@prairieghost said:
I cannot imagine XR getting traded out of here, regardless of his considerable contract. Zim's head would explode. X is his guy. 
so is Waynes,  maybe more so since that was Zims first corner draft pick as HC.  Rhodes was taken the year before Zim got the job.  (not saying that he doesnt love him,  just that he likely has more invested professionally in Waynes than Rhodes.)

the only reason I keep thinking Rhodes is he is a name with more stock,  and should bring more in trade compensation than Waynes who is still building his name.  It is hard to think of trading Rhodes though considering how long we went without a top level DB that could literally take a player out of the game.  (no offense to Winfield)

Thank God for XR that Zim came along because he wasn't working in Les' scheme. Yes, Waynes is Zim's first CB selection but when I speak of X being Zim's guy it's more on a personal level. Mind you I'm kind of going off what I see from interviews, videos on Vikings.com, and what both say about each other but I think it's pretty clear that Zim and X are "thick as thieves."
If we go only by first draft picks, then you'd think Barr would be "the guy" for Zim because he was his first ever draft pick. I don't really think Barr is the guy as much as X is. But regardless, any one of these guys could be dealt and as fans we don't have a clue when or where.
I agree with you about the name as X is known around the league now and by virtue of the reputation he has he may command more trade compensation. I just don't see it happening. But as everyone has said in the thread something will have to give eventually. I loved Mac as a draft pick but I feel like if he doesn't really show this season he'll be the one we let walk or possibly trade. I don't want to see that happen but something will be happening.

This thread is what I appreciate so much more than the hyper opinionated PT. There's a thread that berates Hill due to his "language skills" I shit you not a rookie 21 yr old udfa is being criticized because he says "like" too much in likely his 1st team practice interview. FWIW I love X...geez when big name WRs catch 2 ball for 18 yds against him it's hard not to want him as long as we can afford him...like the Seahawks were able to have the badass D for quite a few yrs.  Huge decisions will be coming in a few years...just make sure if X is traded he's going to an AFC team!