Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer discusses the team
Vikings.com visited with Zimmer at his home location yesterday:

https://www.vikings.com/video/zimmer-tal...pment-more

JMO: I'm just not a Wobby fan. He's hard for me to listen to. 

I like Wobby.  Dude is football smart.  His questions are quite insightful, especially compared to PA.  Might look like a nerd, but he knows football.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
I like Wobby.  Dude is football smart.  His questions are quite insightful, especially compared to PA.  Might look like a nerd, but he knows football.
I beg to differ on all your points, but we'll just agree to disagree. 

Paul Allen is just weird. I would have a hard time letting him step onto my property. Kudos to Zim for tolerance.

Wobby is a shill.  PA is weird.  The end. 

I expect Wobby to look into the camera one day and say "eat your ham, Tina"...

Is this the interview where Zimmer says "probably" when asked if Remmers will remain inside? I didn't hear that part, but then I was only half listening. 

From what I can tell, Wobby is a good guy...Approachable, easy to talk to. I've run into him a couple of times outside of football here locally. 

A schill? Sure he is, he's drank a lot of purple kool aid..But he is football smart, I'll give him that.

PA is a whole other deal. I wish the Vikings would find someone else to do the games, but thats just me. I can't listen to his morning show for very long either.  

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
From what I can tell, Wobby is a good guy...Approachable, easy to talk to. I've run into him a couple of times outside of football here locally. 

A schill? Sure he is, he's drank a lot of purple kool aid..But he is football smart, I'll give him that.

PA is a whole other deal. I wish the Vikings would find someone else to do the games, but thats just me. I can't listen to his morning show for very long either.  
I don't know if you can call him a shill, he is a paid employee so obviously he is going to be putting out pro-Viking material.  I guess that is sort of the definition of shill, but shill sounds so cheap and underhanded.  He looks like a dork, but knows his stuff.  Anyone can see that watching this interview.  PA pulled out a question about other players Zim has coached that took a while to catch on.  Wobby came up with names pretty quickly.

Just read where if you type "idiot" into Google image search, the top result is Donald Trump. I think if you typed in "nerd" you'd probably get Wobby. That said, I like the guy. He does his job well. He works for the Vikings, for goodness sake. You expect him to be discriminating? I like that he seems to know what we as Viking fans are thinking about personnel decisions, even if he doesn't dig as deep as we might like.