Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings' Teddy Bridgewater placed on PUP list, set for Thursday press conference
MANKATO — Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater was placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list Wednesday after his physical, the team announced.
That was the next step for the Vikings and Bridgewater as the move allows for the possibility of him moving to the reserve PUP list during the regular season, freeing up a potential to-return designation on injured reserve.
Bridgewater was among the veterans arriving to camp Wednesday before the first practice on Thursday. He has not practiced in 11 months since suffering his devastating knee injury that included dislocation and several torn ligaments.
We’ll hear from Bridgewater himself for the first time Thursday morning at 11:30 a.m., when he’s scheduled for his first press conference since the injury.
http://www.startribune.com/vikings-teddy...436833973/

Maybe interesting? 

I doubt it...Not yet anyways. 

I hope we at least learn about a timeline/progress. But we probably won't

In a related story...water found to be wet...anyone really think any other option was at all realistic? 

Ask not for whom the contract tolls...

Probably be some awkward questions for Sam too...He'll take the high road, as will Teddy. But I still believe this could turn contentious between #5 and Winter Park. I hope not. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Probably be some awkward questions for Sam too...He'll take the high road, as will Teddy. But I still believe this could turn contentious between #5 and Winter Park. I hope not. 
IMO,   as highly as they think of Teddy... I think he knew it was coming and is OK with it for now.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
IMO,   as highly as they think of Teddy... I think he knew it was coming and is OK with it for now.

I think that as well. You could tell when Rick said just how much Teddy means to this organization that they both are on the same page. Still too bad he got hurt. Amazing how much Teddy has influenced that team and that locker room.

A lot of folks are worried that something bad is going to go down between the front office and Teddy. I know anything is possible but I guess I feel pretty confident that if Teddy passes all physicals and is cleared by every doctor he's currently working with then he's going to be our QB for the long haul. Time will tell if he has overcome his injury to the point where he can resume his career. I think the Vikings are committed to him. It's a gut feeling I have, of course, but I feel like behind the scenes the team has prepared for whatever scenario comes to pass.