Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL analyst David Carr is not to keen on new Vikings QB Kirk Cousins
https://thevikingage.com/2018/06/26/nfl-...k-cousins/

Nope. No sign of Cousins there either. In fact, the entire article doesn’t mention the new Minnesota quarterback at all, yet shows some heavy bias and really hurts his analytical integrity by listing his brother Derek in the number three spot.

blood is thicker than water i guess. He has Garrapolo in Top 10 ahead of Big Ben.  Has Watson Wentz all ahead of Cousins who is not in Top 14.  Cant wait to see what happens this year !

That list is awful...  no arguments with the top 3 (Brady, Rodgers, and Brees), but Derek Carr at #4???  LOL...  There is also no way that Jimmy G should be in the top 10.  The guy could be Kevin Kolb for all we know...  I like him a lot and liked him pre-draft a couple years ago, but he's only started like 6-8 games in his NFL career.
My list would look something like this:
1a - Brady
1b - Rodgers
3 - Brees
4 - Wilson
5 - Roethlisberger
6 - Ryan
7 - Rivers
8 - Stafford
9 - Cam Newton
10 - Cousins
Honorable mentions:  Derek Carr, Carson Wentz, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Dak Prescott

Crack is whack 

another former texas based QB to enter concussion protocol the way it sounds.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
another former texas based QB to enter concussion protocol the way it sounds.
Remember - He grew up in Bakersfield Ca., played for the Fresno BullDogs in College. Point is, he's from the literal armpit of California first - not known for having the brightest bulbs in the box. Dusty air and pesticides in the air!!

Then its about him going to Texas where he adds to his already numb brain gathering concussions like an opponent of Mike Tyson. 

Placing Derek Carr ahead of Russel Wilson makes this list laughable. Wilson's supporting cast is awful. The Seahawks are a truly terrible team and Wilson holds up. You take a couple pieces away from Carr and he folded like a cheap suit. 

Russell Wilson is an amazing QB. He's a nightmare to defend. His elusiveness in and out of the pocket is something else.

Derek Carr took a step back last year. It happens, but this will be the year to show it was an anomaly.  Same thing could happen to Jared Goff this year. 

Cousins is going to want to be good so badly, he can taste it. He's got the team around him. A solid coaching staff. Fired up fans. A strong and accountable player culture on a team that likes each other. Great facilities. And a town that would fall at his feet if he can make this thing happen.

Minnesota is a Viking's state, its their favorite team. Cousins wins a Superbowl as a Viking and he'll be one of the biggest heroes in Minnesota sports history, along with Mike Zimmer.

Carr is as good an analyst as he was a QB. I don't fault him for promoting his brother. Derek is a lot better player than he was. But it is rare to ever hear David say much good about the Vikings. There are other former players that don't like the Vikings. Terrell Davis, and Louis Riddick, are two that come to mind.
I don't take this as bias as much as poor analytical skills.