Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking the NFC North defenses
....As I started reading this, I thought...wait, which unit on the Vikings would NOT finish first? Yeah, none. Still, it's fun to read. You really can't appreciate how well the Vikings have drafted until you start comparing what they've done in the draft to what other teams have done. 

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2018/6...eview-2018

The Vikings have the most complete defense in not just the NFC North, but the NFL.

I laugh when Packer fans get giddy about their defensive "improvement" this offseason...  Last time I checked, they'll have 2nd year guy Kevin King starting...  a 35 year old Tramon Williams...  and 1st and 2nd round rookies playing a prominent amount of snaps.  They lost one of their best DBs in Morgan Burnett this off-season...  and they have nothing behind the oft-injured Nick Perry and Clay Matthews for pass rushers.

Pettine will have his work cut out for him.

I actually think the Bears could have the 2nd best defense in the NFC North.  They've done pretty well the past couple off-seasons.

As long as I can remember...the media has never really given the Vikings any Kudos for anything.  Usually they just sit back and wait for a low point in the Viking's season and then they spring into action saying "I told you so"...

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
The Vikings have the most complete defense in not just the NFC North, but the NFL.

I laugh when Packer fans get giddy about their defensive "improvement" this offseason...  Last time I checked, they'll have 2nd year guy Kevin King starting...  a 35 year old Tramon Williams...  and 1st and 2nd round rookies playing a prominent amount of snaps.  They lost one of their best DBs in Morgan Burnett this off-season...  and they have nothing behind the oft-injured Nick Perry and Clay Matthews for pass rushers.

Pettine will have his work cut out for him.
Exactly. I read so many "experts" claim that the Packers defense looked to be so much better this year because they drafted two corners in the 1st and 2nd round. They're rookies! They'll likely be targets most of the season. We drafted a corner in the first round, too. And he'll be competing to be our 3rd corner. Our top corners are in their 6th and 4th seasons. That's the real beauty in this defense. It's not just talented, it's peaking. So many of our key players are in years 3, 4, 5, 6...

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
I actually think the Bears could have the 2nd best defense in the NFC North.  They've done pretty well the past couple off-seasons.
Bears D is legit...10th in yards and 9th in points allowed with a piss poor O...

It’s like, Us                                 & Them... B)