Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Sheriff will be inducted into Ring of Honor
Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@purplefaithful said:
@HappyViking said:
Nice of the Vikings to honor Denny.  He has a place in history with this team.  He knew offensive talent, but he struggled with defense.  It was like he didn't respect talent on that side of the game (releasing Doleman?).

I really wanted Dungy to stay and Denny to leave before Tony left for the Bucs.

Me too...And then history repeated itself for me when Chilly stayed and Tomlin went to coach The Steelers
Not a big fan of Tomlin. Would have liked to seen Dungy here. 
If we had Dungy we likely never would have know about Tomlin... I agree I wanted Dungy over Green easily... I like coaches like TD,  they have fire when needed,  but are pretty chill most of the time and seem like real approachable people.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
@purplefaithful said:
@HappyViking said:
Nice of the Vikings to honor Denny.  He has a place in history with this team.  He knew offensive talent, but he struggled with defense.  It was like he didn't respect talent on that side of the game (releasing Doleman?).

I really wanted Dungy to stay and Denny to leave before Tony left for the Bucs.

Me too...And then history repeated itself for me when Chilly stayed and Tomlin went to coach The Steelers
Not a big fan of Tomlin. Would have liked to seen Dungy here. 
If we had Dungy we likely never would have know about Tomlin... I agree I wanted Dungy over Green easily... I like coaches like TD,  they have fire when needed,  but are pretty chill most of the time and seem like real approachable people.
I live in the Tampa Bay region. About 10 years ago a friend of mine talked me into going to see Tony give a speach. I'm not really into self improvement stuff. Why mess with a good thing right...lol. I went and left in awe of the man. He touched on community, faith and family. All good stuff. Some of his points on frustrations todays men face and how they are controlling some mens lives to the point they've forgotten how to interact and be good men, husband's and fathers was very inspiring. It was so sad about his own son. His really is a true role model...imo. Not a bad quality in a coach either.