Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins a true weapon
“He has done very, very well,” Zimmer said. “He is learning the offense like everybody else, and we’ll sit down at the end before we come back for training camp and talk about the things that he likes, the things he doesn’t like, and we’ll still kind of mold everything to him,” Zimmer said. “Now we put a lot of things in offensively, and I thought he grasped it good. He throws the ball very well. He has been a good leader. All of those things are good.”
When it comes to protecting Cousins, Zimmer said that offensive tackle Mike Remmers will move to guard.
“I think that’s a good position for him,” he said. “That will help us be stronger in the middle, and I think with Cousins at quarterback that is the right spot for him.”
http://www.startribune.com/taste-of-bad-...485750372/

The Vikings franchise really hasn’t had a quarterback like Cousins. He has thrown for 4,000 yards in three straight seasons, something never accomplished in Minnesota and only done by 11 quarterbacks in history.

I'm glad to hear Remmers is moving to guard permanently, its his better position. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I'm glad to hear Remmers is moving to guard permanently, its his better position. 
Yea this is a surprise to hear so early.  I thought they were just adjusting the line with Elflein out and giving Remmers some temp guard work but that squashes that..he is our new Guard to replace Berger.  Article mentions either Hill or O'Neill at RT.  Let's hope O'Neill can get up to speed as a rookie to get some RT snaps.

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Yea this is a surprise to hear so early.  I thought they were just adjusting the line with Elflein out and giving Remmers some temp guard work but that squashes that..he is our new Guard to replace Berger.  Article mentions either Hill or O'Neill at RT.  Let's hope O'Neill can get up to speed as a rookie to get some RT snaps.
Zim wants a power centric line: Easton-Elflein- Remmers is a run-blocking power trio with Elflein being highly mobile. Delays and traps in the run game are going to gut defenses. Flip is going to go 21st century with this offense because he's got the talent at all offensive skill positions. Unpredictable on offense and the Mongols on defense is going to make the Vikings a really hard out all year. Have you seen Easton? He's like a solid wall. 6'3" and a low center of gravity. The Blob, said in the best way possible.

I said a month ago that Minnesota might be the team that takes a step back, but at the same time, no team has a bigger upside. The Vikings will compete in every game against any opponent next year. That's big. Nobody can slap them in the  mouth with athleticism or power: Minnesota has both. Time to smack some people.

13/3 will be hard to top...But I don't know if I've been this excited about a Vikings team since Bert got here to drive the Ferrari in 09. 

The front office has done some pretty heavy lifting. Now it's up to Zimmer, the players and lady luck. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
13/3 will be hard to top...But I don't know if I've been this excited about a Vikings team since Bert got here to drive the Ferrari in 09. 

The front office has done some pretty heavy lifting. Now it's up to Zimmer, the players and lady luck. 
It is going ro be really interesting to watch with a great chance of some very high payoff.  The two most suspect parts might be Griffs foot and Cook’s knee.
Lets hope the line is capable of giving Cousins the time it takes to let a play develop and that it holds solid through a Superbowl.

This team has not made back to back playoff appearances since 08-09. That has to change this year. Not getting the oline fixed was a major contributor to last season's playoff exit. If this is what they feel is our best line set I will trust them. The tinkering they did in the playoffs was necessary because of injuries. It was just the wrong time to not have your line set. Protect Kirk so he can find his weapons. Block for Cook. We could be THE team this year.

I think we all have concerns about Rashod Hill's consistency at OT....but if he can make incremental improvement (he's already lost 10+ lbs from last year to keep his stamina up), he's the long-armed tall guy you want at that position. I think this dedication to getting better is why Minnesota locked in Remmer's at guard officially: Hill is ready to make some progress in 2018. We'll see if he does or not....he's only 26 years old.