Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Guess He'll Be Doing Situps In His Driveway
This is especially sad if you believe in encouraging and accepting individuality. If Owens attended the ceremony and was gracious, it would be saying, "I had my own style as a player and off the field, but I loved the game and respect the HOF and the honor I have received."
But this just gives ammunition to everyone who opposed his candidacy. Next time a similar "offbeat personality" is nominated, some people will bring up Owens and ask why they should elect someone who might blow off the HOF.

Florio suggested that it might be because he cant afford the event.  saying typically inducted players have pretty good expenses flying family in as well as lodging and the traditional post induction private partys,  maybe TO is to proud to say he is broke and doesnt want to do it half assed and have people find out?  it would explain why he keeps saying he wants to come back.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Florio suggested that it might be because he cant afford the event.  saying typically inducted players have pretty good expenses flying family in as well as lodging and the traditional post induction private partys,  maybe TO is to proud to say he is broke and doesnt want to do it half assed and have people find out?  it would explain why he keeps saying he wants to come back.
maybe they should wave the 5 year rule to prevent this from becoming a regular occurrence.

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
I wonder when he gives his acceptance speech, whose he going to thank...himself?

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
I am not at all surprised by this. Maybe it's better that he doesn't go.
I hope he doesn't go. I wouldn't watch his speech anyway, but I will enjoy watching Moss.

And I did read where going to the ceremony is very expensive, so expensive that a lot of players get financial help from their former team(s). T.O. will get no help from any of his former teams.