Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirk Cousins and Adam Thielen showing baseball skills
&igshid=1s5sw6wcsccvq

Wow, I guess athletes are athletes. That's a pretty sweet swing. 

Thielen is way too off balance at the end of his swing...  although I'm sure he's trying to jack one out.  That said, Diggs wouldn't even get asked to play in a celebrity softball tournament.  LOL

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Thielen is way too off balance at the end of his swing...  although I'm sure he's trying to jack one out.  That said, Diggs wouldn't even get asked to play in a celebrity softball tournament.  LOL
Compared to my 11 year old, whom I can't seem to cure from dropping his shoulder and pulling his head...that's a sweet swing. Makes me wonder, though, if they have a big photo of Clay Matthews up on the scoreboard during this... :-)

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
Compared to my 11 year old, whom I can't seem to cure from dropping his shoulder and pulling his head...that's a sweet swing. Makes me wonder, though, if they have a big photo of Clay Matthews up on the scoreboard during this... :-)
Get a tee and use it.  The key is setting it up in front of home plate, not having your kid stand even with the tee.  That allows them to develop a proper swing by making contact out in front and you can fix any mechanical issues with their stance, swing, hands, etc.

It's really an underrated training tool in youth and high school sports.  Tees aren't just for 5 and 6 year olds...

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
Get a tee and use it.  The key is setting it up in front of home plate, not having your kid stand even with the tee.  That allows them to develop a proper swing by making contact out in front and you can fix any mechanical issues with their stance, swing, hands, etc.

It's really an underrated training tool in youth and high school sports.  Tees aren't just for 5 and 6 year olds...
Same brain. Put the tee back in play today. I think we were moving too far ahead before we perfected the stance and swing. Not sure what good it will do though. He's just like his dad: all glove and no bat. :-) 

work on the footwork without the bat and ball, (just like in golf,  the hand path is ultimately what sets the bat/club path. just have him get used to getting his feet set pre pitch, stepping properly, opening the hips and letting his lower body provide the drive and direction and his upper body following the hips.  a quiet stance,  confident, strong step into the pitch, and then having the hips open and drive the coil upwards letting the upper body pull the hands and finally the bat head through the pitch all the while having the chin down and the eyes seeing the contact.... its a thing of beauty... maybe nothing more beautiful in sports than the near perfect baseball swing... perfection is unattainable.

(if he is pulling his front foot and ultimately his head.... have somebody lay on the ground behind him and hold his feet in the box.... sometimes an open swing and a pulled head is a sign of nervous batter)