Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thielen Comes In @ #36
Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
Great job Adam. I agree with purplefaithful what were they thinking with X and Smith? Though it took a second read to figure out what XR rated was. Is there something dirtier then X?
   Wink
XXX?

funny kid story... we were on our way home from a Vikings game when the kids were pretty young and came across an adult store near the intersection of 394 and Washington in Minneapolis when my young daughter asked to stop at the tic tac toe store,  I had no idea what she was talking about when I said there's no such place and she comes back, yes,  right there,  X X X.
Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
Great job Adam. I agree with purplefaithful what were they thinking with X and Smith? Though it took a second read to figure out what XR rated was. Is there something dirtier then X?
   Wink
XXX?

funny kid story... we were on our way home from a Vikings game when the kids were pretty young and came across an adult store near the intersection of 394 and Washington in Minneapolis when my young daughter asked to stop at the tic tac toe store,  I had no idea what she was talking about when I said there's no such place and she comes back, yes,  right there,  X X X.
HaHa... I was driving with my wife and grandson when he was about 5. There was a sign on the Hwy. "Adult toy store next exit" my grandson is like. Grandpa toy store next exit! I shot back quickly Yeah it said adult it's just boring grown-up games. You wouldn't like it. Sheez...sure now you want to read kid. Wifey taps my leg, quick thinking there.

My kids are just under 10; my mind immediately went to the overzealous enthusiasm kids have for their curiosity sometimes.

"DAD! OH MY GOSH! TIC TAC TOE STORE! RIGHT NOW! WE GOTTA GO!!!!"

Suncoast, did you convince him or did he keep pressing you? Sometimes they just keep on going, lol! "Grandpa, you don't understand!? Toys! Hello!?"

It's funny to think of other types of kids in these scenerios lol. Some kids just won't take no for an answer and they'll stew on it all day. … lol!
No he bought it. I think he was picturing the board games he watched us play with friends. He didn't want any part of anything that doesn't totally revolve around him. Now get him inside a toy store. That's a different animal. He's 11 now so his entertainment cost have raised as well. I'm sad and glad that ToyRus closed. It's a snapshot of our cyber economy. However kids like to touch and hold then hopefully the bringing home. It's not the same looking at a website and ordering then waiting a week to get it. That's also a week of "is it coming today"...lol. Glad though in that he'd get. $25 gift card and take an hour to figure out how to spend it.  "If I get this do I have enough left to get this too"  After an hour of that you just say...get both I'll cover the difference lets go. Cleaver negotiations on his part. Wear the old guy down then move in for the finishing shot.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
   Wink
XXX?

Hey, I know that joint! LMK I can get you some great deals there. I know all the guys working the booths. 
how are they at tic tac toe?