Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB Mychal Kendricks to visit Vikings, Raiders and Browns this week
Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Jor-El said:

True, but I just don't see Mychal Kendricks signing here to be our new Emanuel Lamur (depth and part-time coverage OLB).
Who says he'd be the backup?  He could probably push for Gedeon's starting spot.  The only issue with that (if he beats out Gedeon) is Mychal would in the same situation as he was in Philly.  Playing less than 50% of the defensive snaps and it probably doesn't boost his value on the open market.  I don't know if that would appeal to him or not...  but it would certainly alleviate any concerns about our LB depth.

It's hard to see how Minnesota makes much sense for Mychal. I'd LOVE to have him, but playing part time on a contender with his brother would have to outweigh a chance to resurrect his market value as a full-time player on a lesser team. I think at 27, the latter should be more important to him. 

Since he's already got a ring, a cash grab makes the most sense...unless he really wants to play with his brother...

I'd think it could be a One-year deal to then get a better deal next season perhaps. I couldn't imagine the Vikes being able to afford him for multiple years.