Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the 1st year since Bert...
Where I've had this much anticipation in the offense as a whole...

Not sure even that year was as promising as this one. We brought Brett Favre in to run an offense dominated by Adrian Peterson, who may have been the best player in football back then. Still, didn't have the balance that this team has. 

Our receivers in 2009 were Rice, Harvin, Berian and Shanko. Solid, but not in the best receiving unit in the NFL conversation. The line was probably better though with McKinnie, Hutch, Sully and Load. 

The NFC is so loaded, that fans are going to see some epic battles during the regular season and then some slug-fests in the playoffs. 

My hope is that with Cousins and Cook's return, that our offense helps us win games in crucial moments and can be consistent and productive. The offensive line will have to remain healthy to be at least average, that's a concern.

I will go one step further. I didn't know #4 was going to have that much left in his tank. I just knew whatever was left was more then TJack. I'm not as certain that Kirk will blow out all of Case's accomplishments from last year. But yeah I'm excited. We moved the ball well last year hoping better this year.

IMO home field is going to be more crucial than ever in the NFC  this year.   There are so many teams that appear to be at or near a high level that those mythical 3 points you get at home might make all the difference.  I was thinking originally that Cousins should have a bit of a learning cushion to start the year, in terms of fan expectations,  but IMO if we dont come out firing on all cylinders we end up traveling in january and those loses in september could end up daggering the team in the end.

Edit:  I should add that its not just Kirk that needs to come out strong,   Flipper better has his shit wired tight right away as well.  I dont think we will be able to say definitively one way or the other in terms of comparing this year to last,  Cousins to Case, Shumur to Flipper, or whatever,  just to many new variables to be able to play against each other.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
IMO home field is going to be more crucial than ever in the NFC  this year.   There are so many teams that appear to be at or near a high level that those mythical 3 points you get at home might make all the difference.  I was thinking originally that Cousins should have a bit of a learning cushion to start the year, in terms of fan expectations,  but IMO if we dont come out firing on all cylinders we end up traveling in january and those loses in september could end up daggering the team in the end.

Edit:  I should add that its not just Kirk that needs to come out strong,   Flipper better has his shit wired tight right away as well.  I dont think we will be able to say definitively one way or the other in terms of comparing this year to last,  Cousins to Case, Shumur to Flipper, or whatever,  just to many new variables to be able to play against each other.
Of course you're right there. The only constant on offense has been change.
Teddy to Sam to Case
Norv to Pat
Hopefully with Kirk under contract we have at least the same QB for 3 straight seasons. We might have to go back to Culpeper for that.  Whether or not we have John all 3.
Hope we aren't looking at.
Norv to Pat to John to ?? in 4 consecutive years.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Teddy to Sam to Case
Norv to Pat
Hopefully with Kirk under contract we have at least the same QB for 3 straight seasons. We might have to go back to Culpeper for that.  Whether or not we have John all 3.
I am pretty sure that is the thought and is exactly why the team blocked Stefanskis interview with the giants.   He will likely be the guy that puts Norv, to Pat,  to Flipper,  all together and is our OC for a few years... we hope.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Teddy to Sam to Case
Norv to Pat
I am pretty sure that is the thought and is exactly why the team blocked Stefanskis interview with the giants.   He will likely be the guy that puts Norv, to Pat,  to Flipper,  all together and is our OC for a few years... we hope.
Yeah good call. Always play from ahead.