Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After visiting Vikings, Mychal Kendricks says joining brother Eric would be ‘awesome’
Rick Spielman and Mike Zimmer don’t need to do a lot to recruit free-agent outside linebacker Mychal Kendricks. His brother can do it for them.
Kendricks, the brother of Vikings middle linebacker Eric Kendricks, visited Minnesota on Monday and Tuesday. He said he next will travel to Oakland and then go to Cleveland before likely making a decision by the end of the week.
It’s customary that Spielman, Minnesota’s general manager, and Zimmer, the coach, take free agents to dinner when they visit. But Mychal, released last week by Philadelphia, said he simply had dinner with Eric on Monday at an Italian restaurant in downtown Minneapolis.
“He’s doing all he can,’’ Mychal said after his visit about recruiting done by his brother. “He’s let me know what the team’s all about. But he knows in the end I’m going to make my decision based off the things that are presented to me.’’
Mychal, 27, and Eric, 26, are very close. They were teammates at Hoover High School in Fresno, Calif., before they parted for college, Mychal going to California and Eric to UCLA.“Oh, man, It’d be a dream come true,’’ Mychal Kendricks said of possibly playing again with his brother. “That’s my best friend. Playing with my bro would be so cool, and it’s a rare opportunity.’’
https://www.twincities.com/2018/05/29/af...e-awesome/

With the Vikings also negotiating possible big-money extensions for wide receiver Stefon Diggs and defensive end Danielle Hunter, they are being careful with their money. Mychal Kendricks, who made a base salary of $4.85 million in 2017, didn’t want to elaborate much on whether he would be willing to take less from Minnesota for the chance to play with his brother.
“I haven’t even thought that far,’’ said Mychal Kendricks, who said he’s not aware of the Vikings making an offer yet. “I’m looking at the teams and then I will make a decision, and then money talks will come into play, and then I’ll make another decision.’’