Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are our former QBs post-draft?
Quote: @"dadevike" said:
I wish Teddy luck but I have no confidence that he is fully healed, meaning, healed to the point needed to play in the NFL. My guess is he gets cut. That’s ok. Come to Miami. Your hometown team needs a QB.

If Bridgewater is cut by the Jets because he isn't healthy enough to play or practice, is he really going to get another shot anywhere?
I've read comments by Bridgewater that his injury was a message from god or something. Well...if your knee collapses on a football field, shouldn't you assume that if any message is being sent to you it's something along the lines of, "Stop playing football"??

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"dadevike" said:
I wish Teddy luck but I have no confidence that he is fully healed, meaning, healed to the point needed to play in the NFL. My guess is he gets cut. That’s ok. Come to Miami. Your hometown team needs a QB.

If Bridgewater is cut by the Jets because he isn't healthy enough to play or practice, is he really going to get another shot anywhere?
I've read comments by Bridgewater that his injury was a message from god or something. Well...if your knee collapses on a football field, shouldn't you assume that if any message is being sent to you it's something along the lines of, "Stop playing football"??

If it is just a question of needing more time to let the knee heal completely and the Jets need to get rid of a QB, then, yeah, I can see a team giving him another shot. It won't cost them much and he actually has real NFL game experience and he did pretty well.

“Yeah, he’s actually out here throwing right now in our Phase 2 stuff today. And doing a nice job,” Jets GM Maccagnan told WFAN on Tuesday. “We have a plan for him just from a recovery or rehab standpoint. But he’s doing quite well.”
You should take Maccagnan’s assessment with a grain of salt given that Phase 2 is little more than players playing pitch and catch without helmets. 

If Teddy somehow achieves the nearly impossible feat of proving he's healthy but losing out in a numbers game in NY, it would not surprise me to see him back in Minnesota as a backup in '19. Siemian's on a one year deal. Ideally, you'd like to see Sloter ready to be a QB2 in '19. 

We're all a little overly optimistic about our teams this time of year, but Denver radio is overdoing it a bit.

Guy on the radio this morning tried to make the argument that Case Keenum was the reason we went to the NFCC. Keenum whipped our sorry team of ne're-do-wells into a contender. The middling supporting cast became superstars because...Case, and not the other way around. HE was responsible for Rudy's resurgence and the emergence of Thielen and Diggs...that they were nobodies before Him. That this was an 8-8 team before Case came into our lives and gave us eternal life.

I'm not even exaggerating. My goodness, the only thing missing was the manger and the three wise men. For Case is the way, the truth and the life...and no man cometh to the Lombardi but by Him. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
We're all a little overly optimistic about our teams this time of year, but Denver radio is overdoing it a bit.

Guy on the radio this morning tried to make the argument that Case Keenum was the reason we went to the NFCC. Keenum whipped our sorry team of ne're-do-wells into a contender. The middling supporting cast became superstars because...Case, and not the other way around. HE was responsible for Rudy's resurgence and the emergence of Thielen and Diggs...that they were nobodies before Him. That this was an 8-8 team before Case came into our lives and gave us eternal life.

I'm not even exaggerating. My goodness, the only thing missing was the manger and the three wise men. For Case is the way, the truth and the life...and no man cometh to the Lombardi but by Him. 
what ever they got to tell themselves so they can sleep at night...