Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing Marcus Sherels was our biggest need???
Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
Undersized CB with average speed, only one year of college experience, not one but TWO allegations of assault, but a pretty good kick returner. Doesn't that sound like a decent 4th round (or later) pick??

BTW, whatever happened to "no more short cornerbacks"?? I'm laughing at the people saying Hughes is a "day one starter at nickel CB". He played outside corner exclusively in college! But he is going to be good covering in the slot, JUST BECAUSE HE'S SHORT?? Hey Zimmer, how did that work out with Josh Robinson? How about Mac Alexander?

Well, I guess as long as Zimmer is here, we will draft CBs the way the Lions used to draft WRs.
Zim didn't draft Robinson.  That was a holdover from the Frazier era.  And Mac played decent last year.  He split time, but was solid from what I remember. 

No, Zimmer criticized Robinson because of his height and let him go. My point is he should remember failures that happened on this team while he was here.
Seems a bit revisionist.  All the searching of Zimmer's criticism of Josh was about his injuries.   Zimmer let him go because he couldn't play nickel.  Josh was a small zone corner and didn't fit Zimmer's defense.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Kentis" said:
He’s only .4 in short of their prototype corner/Zim...
was that his prototypical corner.... or the cutoff for what he wants to see for a corners height?
cutoff

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Kentis" said:
He’s only .4 in short of their prototype corner/Zim...
was that his prototypical corner.... or the cutoff for what he wants to see for a corners height?
cotoff
that was my thinking,  I've heard reference to Zim having a minimum height preference,  but never a preferred height.