Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landry deal continues to set strong market for Vikings' Stefon Diggs
Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
Thielen is definitely the one to keep - if you have to choose. Hopefully we won't...but if it's eventually $30M for the pair, I think we will let Diggs leave.

I was a bit surprised about signing Kendall Wright because he is best in the slot, and Diggs plays from the slot, and Coley is probably best there too...but, hmmmm, are they preparing for possibly losing Diggs? Maybe the Vikes will dip into WR again this draft, especially if someone who could play on the outside is available.

I've been looking at DJ Chark lately...his measurables probably have Spielman drooling, and a deep threat makes a lot of sense with Cousins on the team. If Chark or Deon Cain were available at our #2, either could be pretty attractive. If Vikings are looking for an outside WR (aren't we always?), I'm not sure who else in this draft fits that mold - Dante Pettis (or is he another slot?), Equanimeous St. Brown?
I'd bet on Chark being gone early in the 2nd if not a dark horse to end up in the back portion of the 1st. Cain probably is there and may slide into the 3rd since his concentration drops and lack of instincts will have some teams drop him. Dante Pettis has been the intriguing option for me. He is well rounded but would be a very good kick returner.