Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to Karl Anthony Towns

This being the T-Wolves, I had to go check and see if they actually won the game :p   

Right now they're in 7th place in the Western Conference, a whopping 1 1/2 games from missing the playoffs.  Whee.  

I posted in the other forum of something similar, but I am not understanding why Towns doesn't shoot more, like he did that night.  I mean, maybe a little excessive to shoot 30+ times, but there are way too many games where he's well under 15 shots.  He's such a talent that the ball needs to go through him more.

Quote: @RS Express said:
This being the T-Wolves, I had to go check and see if they actually won the game :p   

Right now they're in 7th place in the Western Conference, a whopping 1 1/2 games from missing the playoffs.  Whee.  
how can you always be so negative?   you really need to try and find some optimism if not even some excitement in your life.   if you looked to see that the Wolves are 1.5 games on top of the 8th spot,  currently in 7th,  you would likely have also noted that they are only the same number of games out of the 4th spot which would have them with home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs.  IIRC they also have tie breaker advantage over several of the teams ranked higher than them.   They are playing scrappy ball in the absence of their on court leader in Butler.   I think he is coming back soon so its hardly a team to be down on.

get up on the others side of bed for a while and enjoy life a little,  try and find some positives in an already dark world.

[Image: open-uri20150608-27674-8axz7n_d1d7c2b1.j...0,2048,885]

Jimmy, I'm positive over Cousins, Robinson, Kendall Wright, resigning Sherels... a whole bunch of things.  

And last summer I was very positive about the Timberwolves' big moves.  And then, Timberwolves happened.

The 1st rounder Patton they get from Chicago immediately breaks his foot and has played 4 minutes.  Butler hurts his knee and hasn't played since February.  Meanwhile Markkennen and Dunn are averaging 27 ppg, 11 rpg and 7 apg combined for Chicago. Even LaVine has been back for 24 games and is averaging 16 ppg.

On the positive side, the Wolves just got beat by Rubio and the Jazz at Target Center by 24 points.  The 2018 1st round pick the Jazz sent us for Rubio is lottery-protected.  If Utah misses the playoffs (they're 2 games up on Denver with 5 left) the Wolves get nothing from that trade either. Despite that incentive, the Jazz have shown no signs of tanking, so cross your fingers that the Jazz hold on and this goes right for the Timberwolves.

I am optimistic about 2018-9.  Butler and Patton will be healthy, and the Wolves will hopefully have 2 first round picks.  

Quote: @RS Express said:
Jimmy, I'm positive over Cousins, Robinson, Kendall Wright, resigning Sherels... a whole bunch of things.  

And last summer I was very positive about the Timberwolves' big moves.  And then, Timberwolves happened.

The 1st rounder Patton they get from Chicago immediately breaks his foot and has played 4 minutes.  Butler hurts his knee and hasn't played since February.  Meanwhile Markkennen and Dunn are averaging 27 ppg, 11 rpg and 7 apg combined for Chicago. Even LaVine has been back for 24 games and is averaging 16 ppg.

On the positive side, the Wolves just got beat by Rubio and the Jazz at Target Center by 24 points.  The 2018 1st round pick the Jazz sent us for Rubio is lottery-protected.  If Utah misses the playoffs (they're 2 games up on Denver with 5 left) the Wolves get nothing from that trade either. Despite that incentive, the Jazz have shown no signs of tanking, so cross your fingers that the Jazz hold on and this goes right for the Timberwolves.

I am optimistic about 2018-9.  Butler and Patton will be healthy, and the Wolves will hopefully have 2 first round picks.  
Lottery protected picks don't go away if the team is in the lottery.  It just gets deferred a year and could improve as it is then only protected to a higher level of pick.   Let it ride,  hell the might turn Ricky into a top 3 pick some day if the jazz falter  

Quote: @RushmoreVike said:
Lottery protected picks don't go away if the team is in the lottery.  It just gets deferred a year and could improve as it is then only protected to a higher level of pick.   Let it ride,  hell the might turn Ricky into a top 3 pick some day if the jazz falter  
Thanks, I'd heard that about some trades but didn't know it was true for all lottery protected picks.  I'd rather get that extra 1st rounder while Butler and KAT are both still here, because fitting them and Wiggins (seriously, $29 mil a year?!?) under the cap is going to be really tough when those contracts are up.  

I love some of the talent on the team ala Big Cat. But I am not a Thibs fan, not at all. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I love some of the talent on the team ala Big Cat. But I am not a Thibs fan, not at all. 
he certainly knows the game,  but I dont think he knows player management all that well.  his mistrust of his bench players and leaving his starters in games that are decided really shows on road trips and at the end of the season... a few minutes here or there all season make a big difference down the stretch.