Rosen BREAKING: Vikes to sign Cousins for $28 mill per year
Quote: @Skodin said:

Man this Culpepper kid is a turnover machine, like what Bouman offers
Speaking of Bouman, what will Cousin's signing do to Todd's jersey sales?  Wink

Quote: @prairieghost said:
https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/3/13/...ey-Vikings
Per Rapoport

from your link:
Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network is reporting that not one, but two teams apparently offered Cousins more money to sign with them, but that he has apparently decided to go with the purple instead.
According to Rapoport, both the Arizona Cardinals and the New York Jets offered more money that the Vikings did. There weren’t any specifications about the length of the deals or the amount of guarantees that either of those two teams offered, just that they offered Cousins more than the Vikings did.
If this is true and Cousins did, in fact, take less money to come to Minnesota, then it sort of crystallizes his priorities. With all due respect to the Jets and the Cardinals, they aren’t on the same level competitively that the Vikings are right now. . .after all, the Vikings did make it to the NFC Championship Game last season and bring back just about everybody from that squad. If Cousins is serious about wanting to win, and it appears that he is, then Minnesota has been a no-brainer as a destination for him all along.
I like that... ! B) B) B)

Quote: @Kentis said:

from your link:
Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network is reporting that not one, but two teams apparently offered Cousins more money to sign with them, but that he has apparently decided to go with the purple instead.
According to Rapoport, both the Arizona Cardinals and the New York Jets offered more money that the Vikings did. There weren’t any specifications about the length of the deals or the amount of guarantees that either of those two teams offered, just that they offered Cousins more than the Vikings did.
If this is true and Cousins did, in fact, take less money to come to Minnesota, then it sort of crystallizes his priorities. With all due respect to the Jets and the Cardinals, they aren’t on the same level competitively that the Vikings are right now. . .after all, the Vikings did make it to the NFC Championship Game last season and bring back just about everybody from that squad. If Cousins is serious about wanting to win, and it appears that he is, then Minnesota has been a no-brainer as a destination for him all along.
I like that... ! B) B) B)

Thanks Kentis, my damn computer wouldn't cut and paste it for some reason! grrr

Quote: @Ralphie said:
Speaking of Bouman, what will Cousin's signing do to Todd's jersey sales?  Wink
Oh no!!  I never considered that.  Well, Todd can probably still beat him in a dunk contest... or ganja consumption.

come'on you guys.  When Bradford is announced to go to AZ, Keenum to Denver, and Teddy to the Jets ("Teddy and the Jets"...there I SAID IT), before any announcement of Cousins to Minnesota...you know it's a done deal.  This ain't Cleveland.

Vikings fans are always paranoid and always Chicken Little-ing situations, lol. I get it.