Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keenum a Broncos!
Ugh.

Well, thanks for the memories Case, it was a hell of a year!

I'm really, really hoping that we don't end up regretting this move.  And I don't see Cousins playing 40% better than Case did last year to justify how much more money he is going to make.

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
Ugh.

I'm really, really hoping that we don't end up regretting this move.  And I don't see Cousins playing 40% better than Case did last year to justify how much more money he is going to make.
It will be very interesting to see how he does in Denver. Reading fans comments, some are very happy and some unhappy.  

Some mentioned how terrible their O line is.  With his mobility and playing style he could be a good upgrade for them.

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
Ugh.

He just has to play 10% better over the next 4 years than Case, and my guess says he will.

Wish him well, but glad we didn't sign him.  Cousins is a much better option.

JMO, but I think Case will take a step back this year in Denver. I wish the guy the best.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
So ridiculous to be in this position qb wise on a team a game away from a SB berth...

We all wanted clarity @ QB last fall, this is what we get instead. Shame on us for being stupid Viking fans lol! We should have seen this coming. 

Edit: Thanks for a fun year Case. You put the Minnie miracle in the storybooks forever. Denver aint too bad a consultation prize either. 
Bro we are just fans relying on info that people think they know. We don't know for sure how things are really progressing on the back end of these things. Breathe bro!

Quote: @Poiple said:
@SFVikingFan said:
Ugh.

It will be very interesting to see how he does in Denver. Reading fans comments, some are very happy and some unhappy.  

Some mentioned how terrible their O line is.  With his mobility and playing style he could be a good upgrade for them.

This is what I find funny...everyone talking about Denver's terrible line. But Vikings line was ranked 22nd last season and Denver's line was ranked 23
If anything what Case signed for gives the team some money to improve the line.

Quote: @Norse said:
@Poiple said:
@SFVikingFan said:
Ugh.

This is what I find funny...everyone talking about Denver's terrible line. But Vikings line was ranked 22nd last season and Denver's line was ranked 23
If anything what Case signed for gives the team some money to improve the line.
Yes, and I'm afraid that signing Cousins ties Minnesota's hands in attempting to improve their lines (both offense and defense).

IMO the play of both lines in the last 6 quarters of the playoffs is what doomed the Vikings last year.

I wish Case well, and am also happy in that I have several friends/family that are Broncos fans.  If he plays for them like he played for us, he'll definitely be a big upgrade.

That all said, I can't get all the sentimental about Case.  He had good and bad, certainly, but he's just one more name on the "NFCC game choke" list for the Vikings.  Was the loss all his fault?  Hell, no...but he looked average at best against Carolina, New Orleans, and Philly, so I can't believe that he'd take us further.

Teddy is still a huge question mark, so I can't blame the team for failing to put all the chips on his knee.

As far as Cousins goes...well, he has some concerns...but he can certainly produce, and our WR pair has made both Bradford and Keenum look awfully good.  It'd take a complete coaching meltdown for our offense to not make some gains this season.