Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy finalizing deal with the Jets
Quote: @Norse said:
@greediron said:
It is telling, but IMO it was that he still isn't back all the way.  And we need a QB now, not a possible future guy. 

I would love him back as our backup. 
I agree with you I think Teddy rushed back to soon. Them injuries take 24 months for recovery and Teddy was back in 16 months.
Hope his knee fully heals and Teddy gets lots of playing time with the Jets.
My conspiracy is this.  When Bradford went down, we were a skinny horseshoe away from Sushi raw Sloter starting for a championship caliber team.  So Bradford was "week to week".  Then Teddy was activated and Bradford went on the IR.  Hmmm, convenient.  Then Zimmer allowed the speculation that Teddy may replace Case at any time to percolate so nobody questioned if Teddy was truly healthy. 

Then when Bradford is healthy, Teddy is suddenly deactivated.  Seems like Zimmer was protecting Case from being targeted because our backup for most of the season was Sloter. 

And, perhaps that is why Teddy was unhappy.  He may have felt used by all that.  Which he likely was.

Man I loved Teddy, but what if his other knee explodes while rolling out in a non-contact practice? I don’t think anyone here, including the Vikings, wanted to see that happen on their watch.

Draft scout proven right about his skinny knees https://thevikingage.com/2014/04/27/tedd...ng-stupid/

Quote: @greediron said:
@Norse said:
@greediron said:
It is telling, but IMO it was that he still isn't back all the way.  And we need a QB now, not a possible future guy. 

I would love him back as our backup. 
I agree with you I think Teddy rushed back to soon. Them injuries take 24 months for recovery and Teddy was back in 16 months.
Hope his knee fully heals and Teddy gets lots of playing time with the Jets.
My conspiracy is this.  When Bradford went down, we were a skinny horseshoe away from Sushi raw Sloter starting for a championship caliber team.  So Bradford was "week to week".  Then Teddy was activated and Bradford went on the IR.  Hmmm, convenient.  Then Zimmer allowed the speculation that Teddy may replace Case at any time to percolate so nobody questioned if Teddy was truly healthy. 

Then when Bradford is healthy, Teddy is suddenly deactivated.  Seems like Zimmer was protecting Case from being targeted because our backup for most of the season was Sloter. 

And, perhaps that is why Teddy was unhappy.  He may have felt used by all that.  Which he likely was.
I'm all in on this conspiracy

Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
this franchise is a snake organization. plain and simple
K.

Moving on, I wish Teddy the best. Bummed it didn't work out here. Most fans wanted it to (including me!) and maybe it could have still worked for next year, I guess we'll see how he does with NYJ. Sad to see Teddy, Case and Sam all on other teams today. Really hope we didn't Vike this up.

The expected deal is now going to happen. So it’s Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater for the #Jetshttps://twitter.com/mortreport/status/973713504451682304 …
Ian Rapoport added,
[url=https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/973713504451682304][/url]
Chris MortensenVerified account @mortreport Teddy Bridgewater plans to sign a one year deal with the Jets Wednesday, per source
83 replies 287 retweets 936 likes
Reply 83
Retweet 287 Retweeted 287
Liked
Looks like it's for sure now.....my very best wishes for Teddy going forward, will be cheering for him except when we play those Jets this season!

Quote: @pumpf said:
Yep, weird to see them all go.  I imagine that this is a small taste of what it's like when your kids grow up and move away?
Not even close my friend, not even close...

It's tough to see Bridgewater go. Really wished for him, us fans and the Vikings it could have worked out. I was vocal about not handing him the staring reigns here, but that wont keep me from rooting for him on a forward basis in NY.

Least he has enough $$$ to last a good long while now, even if the leg doesn't.

It may not be saying much about the average fan, but it might have been bad for the Vikings to keep him if they weren't seeing him as starter for more than just ability.  They say the most popular guy is the backup qb, but our fans have gotten so used to chanting Teddy that if any starter would have a couple poor games it would have kicked in without a doubt.