Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not That There's Anything Wrong With That
Derrius Guice - RB - PlayerLSU RB Derrius Guice revealed that one team at last week's Scouting Combine asked him if he likes men.
PFT's Mike Florio separately confirmed the question was indeed asked. Guice retold his Combine interview experience: "Some people really try to get in your head, man. ... I’d go in one room and a team would ask me, ‘Do I like men?’ just to see my reaction. They’d try to bring up one of my family members or somebody and tell me, ‘Hey, man, I heard your mom sells herself. How do you feel about that?’" The team that asked the question has not been revealed, but it could be facing discipline if/when exposed.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports Mar 7 - 11:59 PM

wtf...
It'd be great if it was the Packers who asked Big Grin

Yeah, pretty sure this kind of question is off limits and these idiots know better. I can't imagine asking this kind of question in an interview for a real job in the real world. I'd be fired the next day. I say throw the book at these neanderthals. Unless of course it was the Vikings. Then a simple warning might suffice. :-)

These questions are dumb but I do see the point.  A lot of these guys have anger issues and buckle under pressure.  A team is trying to get past the agents training and reveal how the kid handles pressure and uncomfortable situations.  Does he keep his cool or is he a loose cannon that will punch a reporter for asking these types of questions (which reporters do ask.)  I think of Ryan Leaf and his inability to keep cool under pressure when reporters asked legitimate but uncomfortable questions.

My guess is the reason the NFL has a hard time keeping this policed is the turnover of coaches and GMs.  By the time they get the current group under control, it's the next season and we've got 5-7 new groups who are clueless. 
A couple years ago it was the Falcons.  Their group was pretty new to the scene.  I bet this is a team with a new HC or GM.

That is absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary to ask that. 

So Timmy have you ever spent time in a Turkish prison