Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howard For Landry?
Jordan Howard - RB - BearsNBC Sports Chicago's John Mullin reports the Bears and Dolphins "have had conversations" about a trade involving Jordan Howard and Jarvis Landry.
According to Mullin, the discussed deal would send Howard and the No. 8 pick to Miami in exchange for Landry, the No. 11 pick, and a third-round selection. Howard has been the engine of the offense since the Bears selected him in the fifth round of the 2016 draft, gaining 2,858 yards from scrimmage in two seasons. Mullin reports new coach Matt Nagy has concerns about Howard's fit in his offense, however, specifically in the passing game. Pro Football Focus has charted Howard with 14 drops in just two seasons.Related: Dolphins, Jarvis Landry
I'd like to see Howard moved out of the division...

I've read this is just a huge rumor, but to your point: would love to see the guy out of the NFCN. 

Why would Chicago trade Howard... ? 

Miami hasn't received any offers and floated this themselves. There is nothing to is. 

Jarvis Landry - WR - DolphinsESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Bears and Ravens are among "at least five teams" to inquire about trading for Jarvis Landry.
Fowler says "no deal is imminent at this time," but all signs point toward Landry being traded in the next couple weeks or so. Both the Bears and Ravens desperately need receiving corps upgrades, and Landry would certainly be a good start. While he isn't a prototypical No. 1 receiver, he would provide an obvious boost to both teams that have over 200 available targets and close to 50 percent of their air yards available from last season.Related: Ravens, Bears

Teams interested in Landry need to wait for the Dolphins to blink. The Dolphins are over the cap and just traded for Robert Quinn. They cannot really afford to pay Landry the $16M+ he will make under the tag. Their trade demands will come down or they will have to start cutting players. I would not be surprised if they have to cut Suh.