Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"If anyone can turn the browns around, its Johnny Football 2.0"
"If there's anyone who would turn that franchise (Browns) around, it'd be me," he (Baker) said.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000918798/article/baker-mayfield-if-theres-anyone-to-turn-around-browns-its-me

I'm gonna be honest, I haven't followed Baker that much but he really does remind me of Johnny.  The junk grab, this quote, trying to run from the cops.....

This guy is nothing like Johnny Kardashian...

It's interesting because Baker started off on the right track. He was a good teammate and good in the community and then the crotch grab. Then the other displays of poor sportsmanship and the talking heads go into overdrive. Add to that getting arrested. Is it overblown or did he buy into the hype? And the attitude at times? Is he a prick or just confident? It's all in perception. But I do like that he made a young boy very happy by going to his birthday party and the dedicating of a season to a young girl with cancer. He made some boneheaded decisions but hopefully checked himself, but he has also had a positive impact beyond the game. Is it unfair that he is being compared to Johnny? I think so. I think it might be premature. But sometimes labels stick so he needs to present himself well now.