Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REPORT: Broncos shifting QB free agency to option B...Case Keenum

Hard not to understand that Kirk Cousins is going to be wearing a purple jersey soon. 

It takes big crystal balls to predict the future and act on that vision.   

Then there's the Vikings.   :p

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Hard not to understand that Kirk Cousins is going to be wearing a purple jersey soon. 
Will believe it when I see it lol! And I'm not a huge Cousins fan. My first choice is a healthy Bradford. Best arm on the team. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Will believe it when I see it lol! And I'm not a huge Cousins fan. My first choice is a healthy Bradford. Best arm on the team. 
I like Sam as well. And normally I don't even budge on these pre-free agency rumors. Been down this road so many times, we know its mostly horseshit rumors. But there's just SO much of this Cousins to Minnesota smoke its got me intrigued. 

Like you said in another thread, until you hear it officially from a guy like Schefter or Jay Glazer, it doesn't mean much. And it really can't mean too much for another 8 days or so.

Quote:  @"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I like Sam as well. And normally I don't even budge on these pre-free agency rumors. Been down this road so many times, we know its mostly horseshit rumors. But there's just SO much of this Cousins to Minnesota smoke its got me intrigued. 

Like you said in another thread, until you hear it officially from a guy like Schefter or Jay Glazer, it doesn't mean much. And it really can't mean too much for another 8 days or so.

5 days and 13 hours but who's counting B)

I actually wish Case well in general, and he'd be an asset to any of the QB-needy teams...including ours.  That said, he appeared to expose his ceiling and it was short of what the Vikings need to move toward that ever-elusive SB win.  He'd certainly be a huge upgrade for the Broncos.

I just want the drama over with.  If we get Cousins for 3 years, manage to extend and recruit who we need to stay among the top teams, and break the curse...it'll be GREAT to go into Spring for a few years without QB questions and without major upheavals.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I keep vacillating between Bradford and Bridgewater and I think I'm ready to throw my cards down and go with Bradford. He's an outstanding quarterback, and if we have a competent backup who can win us games when Bradford sits 4-5 games for us (which he undoubtedly will), I think our focus should then be on building our line to protect him.  

I think this is partly a post-combine effect: Broncos have the #5 pick in a draft with 6 interesting QB prospects. Their staff coached Allen and Mayfield at the Senior Bowl, too. Meanwhile Gary Kubiak is one of their key personnel advisors and knows Keenum very well.

Denver radio is convinced that if the Broncos miss on Cousins, they will go after Keenum and draft a QB at #5 overall. Hey Donkeys, we have a bridge to sell you.

Interesting that the rumors we've heard pair Teddy with a veteran backup, and Case with a high draft pick. Just not sure it makes a lot of sense. You're going to have to pay Case a lot more than a typical "bridge." Your draft pick is going to be ready to play 1 year (or less) into your multi-year Keenum deal. So now you have a really good, but ridiculously overpaid, backup. Besides, if I were Case I'd be hesitant about signing with a team who has a high draft pick. Same with Sam.  

Other musings: if we sign Cousins, who's the backup? Will anyone give Bradford a starting job? If not, I wonder if he would consider staying here. Doubt it. McCown? With a super raw QB3, I would think this has to be a veteran and likely not a draft pick. As important as this position is to a team on the verge (Spielman called it the 2nd most important position on the team), the Vikings might consider trading for a good one here.