Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So long Winter Park...
Thanks for sharing that PF.  Did not know that bit of our history.  Will be good to excise the curse spirit of Winter from our team.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
Thanks for sharing that PF.  Did not know that bit of our history.  Will be good to excise the curse spirit of Winter from our team.
I will always be thankful to Max Winter for the Vikings being in MN. I hope he gets more than an honorable mention in Eagan, he is father Vikings imo.

But yah, not many people know the history of the franchise and how it came within an eyelash of becoming AFC and that franchise became the Oakland Raiders  -- soon to be in Vegas.  

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"greediron" said:
I will always be thankful to Max Winter for the Vikings being in MN. I hope he gets more than an honorable mention in Eagan, he is father Vikings imo.

But yah, not many people know the history of the franchise and how it came within an eyelash of becoming AFC and that franchise became the Oakland Raiders  -- soon to be in Vegas.  
Yes, I am kidding about the curse.  But interesting that Winters spurned the AFC and we are 0-4 against the AFC teams with it all on the line.  And 2 of those teams are original AFC teams that were a big part of the drama, KC (formerly Texans) and the Raiders.