Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampering with his Cousins
Quote: @"Zanary" said:
As painful as these too-common offseason QB quandaries get, I'm telling myself that that coaching staff and front office got us into the postseason 2 of the last 3 seasons, and to the NFCC game most recently...with a backup QB and without our starting RB.

If they think that Case can take the next step forward, or that Teddy is both healed and developing nicely, or if Sam's knee is truly "better", or if Cousins is the missing piece...I'm gonna believe 'em.

I have no problem getting on board with any of these guys, but I can't deny that the waiting is hard on the ol' blood pressure.
They need to get this QB figured out and figured out right. One who can help get the team over the hump and take the next step.

I have a suspicion we've seen the best Case has and it was a 73 QBR vs Saints & Eagles. Bridgewater? Who the heck knows.

I honestly don't care who anymore as long as it's the right one. Not winning an NFCCG's since 1977 sucks balls.

End the drought now!!

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:
The current 3 QBs leave a lot of doubt/concern and questions remain.

That is why they need to go for Cousins.

He has less questions.

And the team is ready to really truly compete NOW.

They cannot risk this window on questions.

If they do and the QBs do not perform as hoped then that is a massive failure.

Sign Cousins and let the other 3 go wherever they can and get those comp picks in 2019.

Not really a difficult decision. For me.

If Fran Foley can do it then so can I.  :p
i dont think you will get any comp picks if you sign a Cousins to a 30+ million dollar deal and the other 3 sign contracts only marginally higher in value in total.
They will get comp picks but probably not a 3rd since the Cousins signing would eliminate that chance.

The comp picks work one for one so even though you sign a player to a massive deal you still could be entitled to comp picks for other players.

That is why the Vikings are in line to get one or two picks (6th or 7th) for AP & CP84 even though they signed Reiff and Remmers and Murray.